Mexican Pop singers María José and Belinda join forces to perform "Prefiero Ser Su Amante" on The Voice

belindajose.jpg.3bb0585f735d39384f04779784223031.jpg Mexican Pop singers María José and Belinda are two of the coaches on the current season of The Voice - Mexico and they've joined forces to perform María José's 2013 single Prefiero Ser Su Amante (which could translate to I'd Rather Be His Lover) proving why they earned their place on the show. Watch the performance below:

María José "La Josa" was part of the pop band Kabah from 1992 to 2005, when the group split, after which she embarked on a solo career earning several hits ever since.

Unintentionally or not, she's been characterized for covering songs from the 80's, being No Soy Una Señora her biggest hit

Kabah-1.jpg

In 2015 the group came back for a joint tour with archenemy group from the 90's OV7, and María José joined them for the most part of it. One of the most iconic moments of the concert was her high note or "grito" while performing their 90's hit Vive.

Starts at around 2:46 all the way through 3:10 lol

She hasn't been part of the group's latest projects since she left this tour, which were the tours Únete a la Fiesta and 90's Pop Tour.

You can see more of Belinda here:

• Love 1
  • Content Curators

They sound amazing together, Belinda looks fabulous. I  would also  love to hear some new Belinda bops, cross my fingers she releases something pop soon.

She needs to show off her voice more, she has a beautiful voice, I think people would be more interested in her if she did.

Maria Jose, incredible as usual but, that dress was a choice :jlostare: and the makeup :jlostare:  at least she looks comfortable :pieceofwhat:

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Queen of being 28 forever!! :shameless::shameless::shameless:

Spoiler

They look soo good together! (Mi BELIII que perrra con esa meleenaa de Niurrrka, amoo)
Altought I was expecting better vocals from this perforance, I think the tone of the song was not the most convinient :mariahstare:.
It was nice to watch though :truthtea:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Barajas said:

Queen of being 28 forever!! :shameless::shameless::shameless:

Hide contents

They look soo good together! (Mi BELIII que perrra con esa meleenaa de Niurrrka, amoo)
Altought I was expecting better vocals from this perforance, I think the tone of the song was not the most convinient :mariahstare:.
It was nice to watch though :truthtea:

Apparently she started aging backwards at age 30. She went 29 - 29 - 28 :blol:

And about the song, I think the audio is kinda messed up. It sounded better on the Facebook video, but it won't let me embed it

1 hour ago, Midnight said:

They sound amazing together, Belinda looks fabulous. I  would also  love to hear some new Belinda bops, cross my fingers she releases something pop soon.

She needs to show off her voice more, she has a beautiful voice, I think people would be more interested in her if she did.

Maria Jose, incredible as usual but, that dress was a choice :jlostare: and the makeup :jlostare:  at least she looks comfortable :pieceofwhat:

Yeah María José's style has suddenly shifted in recent times lol

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Apparently she started aging backwards at age 30. She went 29 - 29 - 28 :blol:

And about the song, I think the audio is kinda messed up. It sounded better on the Facebook video, but it won't let me embed it

Who am I to go against the word of the queen? :nyschool: If she says we are 28 now, THEN WE ALL ARE 28 :tbh::tbh:.

Yes, probably the youtube sound had something to do. I think I stay with the vocals she delivered last year with Montaner, those long high chest voice notes and the riffs are everything :unreal:.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block