JLO ghost vocals controversy

On 8/20/2020 at 1:27 PM, Elvira_fr said:

Is this for sure? I don't argue she may have used vocals from other artists, but I do believe she sings as well. What about when she sings in spanish?

Sis Thiefnnifer can't sing to save her life :tiffanynod:

Still she somehow had the audacity to keep BRANDY's divine (lead) vocals on one of her songs :jackk: 

like puta at least steal from mediocre singers :mhmnod:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ToySoldier12 said:

:parisok:

OP: JLo is a multi talented queen and the ultimate triple threat. The fact that she is the best female performer after Britney should tell you something. Recently she had the best superbowl ever only after Madonna’s, who is another queen. JLo honestly keeps winning, so I can see why some people are so jealous of her. Only the bitters hate her tho, but they don’t really matter!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

OP: JLo is a multi talented queen and the ultimate triple threat. The fact that she is the best female performer after Britney should tell you something. Recently she had the best superbowl ever only after Madonna’s, who is another queen. JLo honestly keeps winning, so I can see why some people are so jealous of her. Only the bitters hate her tho, but they don’t really matter!

Paris Hilton Yes GIF

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, corpsetranger said:

Sis Thiefnnifer can't sing to save her life :tiffanynod:

Still she somehow had the audacity to keep BRANDY's divine (lead) vocals on one of her songs :jackk: 

like puta at least steal from mediocre singers :mhmnod:

Well she can sing well enough to build an empire worth more than you and your future generations will ever see. 

Those are facts...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Korb said:

"My whole thing is singing. Writing songs…I’ve been doing this my whole life. Singing is first and foremost. It’s a God-given talent that I’m grateful for. Her thing is something different.” -Mariah
 :queenflopga:

And that "thing" is work ethic and drive that Mariah clearly lacks.

• Like 2
On 8/18/2020 at 9:08 PM, Stefani said:

I mean we been knew that Jennifer's a mediocre singer, so this isn't exactly new. She makes bops though so I'll give her a pass. :mattafact:

Right! :lollipop:

Look, the music industry is shady AF. It's equally as disturbing as real politics when you remove all the smoke and mirrors. Ultimately, you have to accept that misogyny plays a role and at that time especially, old white men were calling all the shots. Sure, talent is important... But sexuality & the 'it' factor are more so. 

JLO could perform and probably had the ability to take these songs farther than the original singers, in the eyes of the label, producers (who want the song to chart), and A&R Reps (who are paid to select hits). Ultimately, it's all about sales, and they probably made the right decision (under that mindset). Ashanti was cool and all but... she would probably never have lasted as long as JLO, even if this was released as her song. 

I also don't think JLO back in the day was intentionally stealing ****, she probably didn't have much of a choice or say. You know when she was starting her career she was probably managed and controlled similarly to how Britney was - even if they explode on the scene it takes years for these artists, especially women, to get more creative control and power. It's probably a part of her career that she isn't proud of, and I do think she has made an effort to work on her artistry and vocals over the years, perhaps because she isn't proud of these earlier moments in her singing career. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block