Myah Marie admits "Body Ache" is her "favvvvvvvv to have written " and thanks people for their kind comments.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:18 PM, cocodeluxe said:

I hear the biggest difference in the verses. The first verse is sung by brit and the second by myah, exept for the last line „Im gonna put it on ya, you want it dont ya dont ya“. You can hear the switch between the voices....at least I hear it that way

I hear the switch too! It’s pretty depressing to say the least 

She faked some vocals...people heard...didn't like it...didn't stream it...didn't buy it.

She owns up to it...people know it...didn't like it...didn't stream...didn't buy it.

She releases her own stuff...no one hears...doesn't get streamed...no one buys...

She did backing vocals for a big star... mocks the star...trails that star for years...plastic surgery and demos and eps...no one cares...

Was complicit in the C-ship...give that horsy a carrot she can go back go back to her stable now...

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, Buffybot said:

I feel like one day Myah will try to make this a bigger scandal. She probably signed some contracts, but in the future I can see her giving interviews about It, especially because her career as an singer never took off... Different case than Jlo and Christina Milian, or Jlo and Ashanti, they were all famous.

I just wonder If Myah can prove anything, because she'll need actual proof. I wonder If she knows exactly the parts they used her vocals... I don't know If It was intentionally but they blended It Myah and Britney vocals in a way that might be difficult to hear properly. Fans have their theories which parts Britney sang and Myah sang, but legally it needs more than assumptions.

If Britney didn't sing at all, It'd be much easier to prove Myah dubbed the whole thing. 

Unfortunately bj case will always haunts us.

One more thing... The absolute top, top, top stupidest thing about the whole débâcle is that, as I mentioned, nine months prior to the release of the record, Myah Marie's father made his suspicions known. Myah Marie responded, and some members of Britney's team were certainly alerted. They had nine months to erase all traces of dubbing, fix whatever needed to be fixed, get it right (like they did Femme Fatale that also feature Myah Marie on many songs), but they obviously did not care... Supposing dubbing only occurred on two or three BJ songs (parts of Alien, Brightest Morning Star and maybe also Passenger), it's still too much as evidenced by the never-ending furor.

Note: On Femme Fatale, Myah Marie provided background vocals for the following songs: Till the World Ends, Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, Drop Dead (Beautiful), Trouble for Me, Gasoline, and Scary. Myah Marie also sings on the songs Circus and SMS (Bangerz).

From Wikipedia:

Controversy

Prior to the release of the album, allegations were made by critics and fans that the vocals on the track "Passenger", which leaked online ahead of the release, were not entirely Spears's.[99][100] Claims were made that Myah Marie, a backing vocalist present on Spears's albums Circus and Femme Fatale sang lead vocals on a large portion of this song as well as other songs on the album.[101] Spears's team claimed that the song leak was a demo version.[102] Chelsea Handler later accused Spears of not singing the lead vocals on "Perfume", insisting "It's obviously a new person singing. It's not her."[103] Reps for Spears responded, "Myah Marie didn’t do any background vocals on the song and doesn’t have credit. [The] only backing vocals on Perfume are from Sia. Britney absolutely sings on Perfume." Following the release of the album in December 2013, Marie was not included in the credits for "Passenger" or "Perfume", though she was credited as a backing vocalist on a number of other songs from the album. Claims were made the following year, with the online leak of vocal stems from "Alien",[104] that Marie's lead vocals were featured in this song as well.[105]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Jean#Controversy

Preston is the associate executive producer on Spears' eighth studio album, Britney Jean (2013), and is credited as a writer or producer on eleven tracks. He began working on the album in the beginning of 2013. "Work *****", which Preston co-wrote and co-produced, was released as the album’s lead single on September 17, 2013, and peaked at #12 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Britney Jean Britney Spears Associate executive producer
"Work *****" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"Alien" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"It Should Be Easy" Britney Spears feat. will.i.am. Vocal producer
"Tik Tik Boom" Britney Spears feat. T.I. Writer, producer, vocal producer
"Body Ache" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"Til It's Gone" Britney Spears Writer, producer, vocal producer
"Passenger" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Chillin' With You" Britney Spears feat. Jamie Lynn Writer, vocal producer
"Brightest Morning Star" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Hold On Tight" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Now That I Found You" Britney Spears Vocal producer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Preston_(record_producer)

As we can see, Anthony Preston vocally produced the entire record save for two songs. If fans are still so angry, maybe they should publicly demand he be held responsible and explain himself.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

One more thing... The absolute top, top, top stupidest thing about the whole débâcle is that, as I mentioned, nine months prior to the release of the record, Myah Marie's father made his suspicions known. Myah Marie responded, and some members of Britney's team were certainly alerted. They had nine months to erase all traces of dubbing, fix whatever needed to be fixed, get it right (like they did Femme Fatale that also feature Myah Marie on many songs), but they obviously did not care... Supposing dubbing only occurred on two or three BJ songs (parts of Alien, Brightest Morning Star and maybe also Passenger), it's still too much as evidenced by the never-ending furor.

Note: On Femme Fatale, Myah Marie provided background vocals for the following songs: Till the World Ends, Hold It Against Me, Inside Out, Drop Dead (Beautiful), Trouble for Me, Gasoline, and Scary. Myah Marie also sings on the songs Circus and SMS (Bangerz).

From Wikipedia:

Controversy

Prior to the release of the album, allegations were made by critics and fans that the vocals on the track "Passenger", which leaked online ahead of the release, were not entirely Spears's.[99][100] Claims were made that Myah Marie, a backing vocalist present on Spears's albums Circus and Femme Fatale sang lead vocals on a large portion of this song as well as other songs on the album.[101] Spears's team claimed that the song leak was a demo version.[102] Chelsea Handler later accused Spears of not singing the lead vocals on "Perfume", insisting "It's obviously a new person singing. It's not her."[103] Reps for Spears responded, "Myah Marie didn’t do any background vocals on the song and doesn’t have credit. [The] only backing vocals on Perfume are from Sia. Britney absolutely sings on Perfume." Following the release of the album in December 2013, Marie was not included in the credits for "Passenger" or "Perfume", though she was credited as a backing vocalist on a number of other songs from the album. Claims were made the following year, with the online leak of vocal stems from "Alien",[104] that Marie's lead vocals were featured in this song as well.[105]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Jean#Controversy

Preston is the associate executive producer on Spears' eighth studio album, Britney Jean (2013), and is credited as a writer or producer on eleven tracks. He began working on the album in the beginning of 2013. "Work *****", which Preston co-wrote and co-produced, was released as the album’s lead single on September 17, 2013, and peaked at #12 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Britney Jean Britney Spears Associate executive producer
"Work *****" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"Alien" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"It Should Be Easy" Britney Spears feat. will.i.am. Vocal producer
"Tik Tik Boom" Britney Spears feat. T.I. Writer, producer, vocal producer
"Body Ache" Britney Spears Writer, vocal producer
"Til It's Gone" Britney Spears Writer, producer, vocal producer
"Passenger" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Chillin' With You" Britney Spears feat. Jamie Lynn Writer, vocal producer
"Brightest Morning Star" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Hold On Tight" Britney Spears Vocal producer
"Now That I Found You" Britney Spears Vocal producer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Preston_(record_producer)

As we can see, Anthony Preston vocally produced the entire record save for two songs. If fans are still so angry, maybe they should publicly demand he be held responsible and explain himself.

Will.I.am did his mistakes, but I always felt this Anthony guy had more to do with the main problems of the album.

Will probably didn't look properly everything. He was a mistake as an executive producer, but the sloppy stuff maybe wasn't all his fault after all.

Anthony Preston is his friend, so of course he had something to do with that, but Anthony was the responsible for the "glitches" and maybe other things, he was the vocal producer.

Anyway, tragic story. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

17 hours ago, mythology said:

Britney's team should be embaressed AF for this, and so should Britney.  This album is a disgrace to her legacy.

I agree. BJ was the the start of my moving away from Britneys music, Glory didn't help much. Those are the only 2 cds of hers that I don't own. If we get another album in the future I hope it's way better than the last two. They were so disappointing to me. The only song I loved was Mood Ring.

• Like 3

Myah is a talented singer song writer, background vocalist and her harmonies are solid. Her voice compliments Britney’s very well but I can hear the distinction between them even when she is mimicking her tones. I think a huge issue on the album was over production. It felt like it wasn’t a priority and got sidelined for Vegas. Something was off during this time, the dessert thing was a jumble too. Maybe they were just trying to quickly finish it up. I enjoy the album. I just needed more Britney less production. Glory was 100% fun experimental Brit. 

• Like 1
On 9/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, Buffybot said:

Will.I.am did his mistakes, but I always felt this Anthony guy had more to do with the main problems of the album.

Will probably didn't look properly everything. He was a mistake as an executive producer, but the sloppy stuff maybe wasn't all his fault after all.

Anthony Preston is his friend, so of course he had something to do with that, but Anthony was the responsible for the "glitches" and maybe other things, he was the vocal producer.

Anyway, tragic story. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

When it comes to the dubbing (alleged or factual) will.i.am is just as responsible. When it comes to Body Ache, if it's true it was fully dubbed at 100% as many believe, David Guetta and Giorgio Tuinfort (who produced it with will.i.am) are also responsible. So are vocal producer Anthony Preston and vocal engineers Julian Prindle, Jacob Dennis, AJ Clark and Billy Hickey. All of them!

As for Passenger, if it's true most of it was dubbed, then producer Diplo is responsible, so are Preston, will.i.am, Prindle, Hickey and Daniel Andres Aguilar.

As for Brightest Morning Star (the chorus was dubbed), producers Dr. Luke and Cirkut are responsible, so are Christopher Braide, Preston, will.i.am and Prindle. As for Alien (one line and the hook were dubbed), William Orbit, HyGrade and Preston are liable. And so forth...

I understand some of the assistant engineers may have been told some of the vocals were Brit's, but so much alleged and apparent dubbing occurred that they must have seen or suspected something. At some point, all producers, vocal producers and vocal engineers involved have gotta take responsibility, esp. after Myah Marie's father had warned them. Why they chose to ignore that warning is a mystery...

Now, these:

Mmm... Either Myah Marie lied, her vocals were so edited she really thought it was Brit singing or Britney's vocals are truly on Body Ache alongside Myah's. Anyway...

• Like 1

If Britney sings on BJ, then someone really ****ed up cus I can't hear her.

If Britney didn't sing on BJ, then someone really ****ed up.

But regardless, I think a main point people don't talk about when discussing BJ is the writing and production credits. I don't get why they'd lie and say she wrote a Sia song, a random EDM demo in It Should Be Easy, the line about drinking wine when she's been sober since 2008. I believe she wrote 0 lyrics for this album. 

Anthony Preston worked on this album and then never worked on anything again, so that's really scary to me. Is he to blame? Is Will.I.Am? Is it Britney?

Side thing, Circus becomes strange when you realise it's Myah singing the pre-chorus. And someone is singing the chorus in He About to Lose Me and I hate it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Commotion said:

If Britney sings on BJ, then someone really ****ed up cus I can't hear her.

If Britney didn't sing on BJ, then someone really ****ed up.

But regardless, I think a main point people don't talk about when discussing BJ is the writing and production credits. I don't get why they'd lie and say she wrote a Sia song, a random EDM demo in It Should Be Easy, the line about drinking wine when she's been sober since 2008. I believe she wrote 0 lyrics for this album. 

Anthony Preston worked on this album and then never worked on anything again, so that's really scary to me. Is he to blame? Is Will.I.Am? Is it Britney?

Side thing, Circus becomes strange when you realise it's Myah singing the pre-chorus. And someone is singing the chorus in He About to Lose Me and I hate it.

The pre-chorus of Circus is sung by Britney Spears, Myah Marie and Claude Kelly.  Britney's definitely in it (stems are on YouTube), though Myah Marie is quite loud in it. As for He About to Lose Me, Britney's in the chorus, though lower.

As for Perfume, it was written by Sia but also by Spears and Christopher Braide. I heard a demo sung by Sia, and it has fewer lyrical parts. As for Chillin' With You, well, drinking some wine w/ moderation does not equate being drunk, etc. And songs don't always reflect reality. We're not sure which part she wrote in it...

As for Body Ache, Myah Marie confirmed the second verse was left open for Britney and Anthony Preston to write; I don't think Myah Marie lied in that regard. The final version of Passenger has a different chord progression. The final version of Tik Tik Boom sounds quite different than the demo. As for the rest, any change in lyrics or music may warrant a songwriting credit. And I believe some songs were written from the scratch.

Take Work *****, for instance. One of the credited writers, Sebastian Ingrosso, explained in an interview that he was surprised to have received a songwriting credit since he did not write any lyric or melodies for that song; he only assisted w/ production; it was determined he had contributed to the music somehow.

See:
"I put my hands on it and I helped produce it with will and Otto, but I never wrote the lyrics or melodies to the song, which is why I went on Twitter and said that I didn't write the song. But I helped produce it because I'm involved with everything with the guys I manage."
Full article: https://www.mtv.com/news/1714757/sebastian-ingrosso-britney-spears-work-*****/

Britney tweeted out the "lyrics," which turned out to be production credits, and Ingrosso's name was on the list. Also, she posted a photo of it on Instagram. On his Twitter, Sebastian responded by saying that he didn't actually write "Work *****" and the credit goes to fellow Swedish and his artist Otto Jettman, better known as Otto Knows.

"I don't really know why they put my name in there. It's a really good song, and I'm looking forward to see what's going to happen with it. But I can't really take credit for it," he said.

"I'm always involved musically with the people I manage. I manage two artists right now, Otto Knows and Alesso, and I'm always involved. I say to my artists, 'you should do a little more like that, maybe do it more like this,' that's my job."

Even though Ingrosso didn't write the song, he's personally responsible for the song's beginnings. "So about the Britney track, I manage a guy called Otto Knows, and I'm good friends with will.i.am. He asked me if I had any ideas, so Otto gave me some beats and I went down to will and we played it and he loved it."

"I put my hands on it and I helped produce it with will and Otto, but I never wrote the lyrics or melodies to the song, which is why I went on Twitter and said that I didn't write the song. But I helped produce it because I'm involved with everything with the guys I manage."

In fact, Britney and Ingrosso still haven't met each other. "I heard she's very nice," the DJ comments.

Britney's album will be out on December 3. According to Sebastian Ingrosso, she is still working on the album. He and Otto are "still in the hoop."
Article: https://www.latinpost.com/articles/2560/20131001/britney-spears-songs-2013-sebastian-ingrosso-explains-work-*****-rumors.htm

I know all the apparent/alleged dubbing is upsetting, but let's not make the BJ scandal even worse by saying all of Brit's songwriting credits were stolen.

• Love 1