What songs/groups got you into Kpop?

I was always aware of SNSD / Girls' Generation because some of the characters in League of Legends have emotes that reference some of their dances:

But I never got into K-Pop because it was too edgy and cringy for me. But then, around the time BTS got popular in the US (mid to late 2017), I started becoming more and more interested. I didn't really vibe with their music, but I found V and Jungkook really attractive. I started watching crack videos on YouTube and even reading some gay *** fan fiction. :katyclown: Then I fully got into it at the very end of 2017. :straddle: TWICE were the first group I fully got into, and they're still my #1 to this day. :kylie:

• Love 1

The earliest memory I have of listening to Kpop was BoA, when she tried to break into the USA market. I got really into her cause of her similar style to Britney’s music (at the time at least). I then downloaded her Korean and Japanese stuff which was great as well! 

I remember getting really into 2NE1 aka I am the best.. 

I also remember jamming to Hikaru Utada. 

ah good times 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I really liked Eat You Up :bop: but I haven’t listened to any of her albums.

Which album should I listen to first? 

I'd suggest checking out three songs, Valenti (if you like this one check out the album by her, it's also the same name), No. 1 and Atlantis Princess. A lot of her tracks in general feel like homages to Britney. :makeitrain:

If you liked the first single from her English debut titled 'Eat You Up', maybe check out her English debut album (it's just called BoA and she worked with Bloodshy & Avant as Producers and she covered the unreleased Britney song, Look Who's Talking Now under the title of Look Who's Talking. :bop:

(I really love Valenti and No. 1 but everyone else loves Atlantis Princess and Hurricane Venus so I'd recommend those two songs too. :bwink:)

She's an idol who's not just a good charismatic idol/idol dancer, she's charismatic and a great dancer period. She came really really close to being at Britney's level in Britney's Dream Within a Dream tour during her own prime performance years)

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block