Miley Cyrus says expect singles not albums, won't release a new record until she can tour

miley-ep.jpg.6cddd40a86f499159b0a99b0e9a91f1d.jpg

Update:

Miley Cyrus says she'll release a new album when she can tour it. 

"I really think the record I've made is for festivals, for shows. I really want to wait until I can perform." 

She adds she's already written around 20 songs, including collaborations with Mark Ronson and Max Martin. 

Watch below:

Earlier:

Miley Cyrus told Zane Lowe of Apple Music that her intentions are to release two more EPS after She Is Coming, but it all changed due to her divorce, losing her home in Malibu and throat surger derailed the She Is Miley Cyrus EPs and album. 

But she says don't expect an album anytime soon. She's not really a fan of the album, but more into releasing singles.

Given how only a few can still make albums a success, most artists are doing one-off singles because it's easier for that kind of format to have success.

Even albums artists like Sheryl Crow, who released her final album Threads last year, said from now on she'll just one-off singles... probably two or three a year.

I have to agree with Miley. The steaming market is not made for the album cycle, but the singles market, instead.

Thoughts?

Related:

I feel like more music artists are going to go this route or the 6 song ep route :ririshade2: It makes me more sense because people don't take in music like they used to :tired:I remember when musicians used to release an album every 3-4 years and I'd listen to their most recent album for 2-3 years so by the time their first single dropped it was like :yesplease: 

• Love 7
  • Like 1

I always thought it was a shame 'slide away' wasn't included on a body of work. I felt that about a lot of Selena songs too - like fetish and bad liar (I know she threw them on the target edition but yeah)

I love albums / eras and I still buy physical cds of albums I REALLY like. I love putting on an album and listening to it start to finish the way it was intended. 

I guess with releasing random singles she can experiment with different sounds without committing to an entire album? I don't know. I'm disappointed. 

• Like 6

Not a fan of this single thing once every 3 or 4 months or longer.  If your a new artist how do you tour or do shows with only 4 songs out there? You need to have some kind of body of work to do a 60 minute set without half of it being covers.  I feel without albums the time of album tour/era will be out the window too. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I am a fan of albums when done right, especially when the artist writes their songs (Lana Del Rey, Halsey, Billie Eilish) I want full albums from those types of artists, but when it comes to mainstream pop, it doesn’t matter which artist, usually half the albums are fillers with a few hits, in that case maybe it’s best they just put out singles.

• Love 1

I get the picture, because we don't consume music the way we used to do. Like mention by coldasfire88, I remember when I got a new album, and it lasted foreeeever. Now I listen to an album 3-4 times, then bye biych. 

But how will this affect the music style? We are used to an album, an era with a specific sound. With 3-4 singles a year, will we lose the era with the specific sound? 

Wondering GIF by memecandy 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block