Iggy Azalea, Tinashe - Dance Like Nobody's Watching (Official Lyric Video) Out Now!

kypryan

50 minutes ago, Neneleaks said:

ISo when Nicki said this, it co-signed the idea of Iggy not being a legit rap artist. 

That´s in the past. Iggy took notes and evolved as an artist and rapper. Her flow got so much better. Watch some reaction videos on YT for example Lola (feat. Alice Charter)! She´s gotten so much respect from black people after that. And not only after that. Also her KREAM is a bomb. Started and Sally Walker are BOPS! And those visuals! She is that *****

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, johnnyswanda said:

That´s in the past. Iggy took notes and evolved as an artist and rapper. Her flow got so much better. Watch some reaction videos on YT for example Lola (feat. Alice Charter)! She´s gotten so much respect from black people after that. And not only after that. Also her KREAM is a bomb. Started and Sally Walker are BOPS! And those visuals! She is that *****

I agree she's improved. I love Kream! I only brought up the past because a few people were asking why theres hate for Iggy when she hasn't even been that problematic.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Neneleaks said:

I felt the hate train for Iggz started after this

Also around this time, I think a DJ asked her to freestyle and she sucked. So when Nicki said this, it co-signed the idea of Iggy not being a legit rap artist. 

I never stanned Iggy but I've liked a few of her songs. Good luck to her and Tinasha! :kiss:

I stan Nicki so hard, but if people now hate on Iggy because she allegedly doesn't write her own stuff, that's stupid to me, because Iggy checks so many other boxes as an artist as well. This reminds me of the discourse back then about Britney not being a "true artist" because she doesn't sing live. Eff that, Britney is a megastar, I don't care if she's only a (fantastic, out of this world) studio performer. The same goes for Iggy, she's mesmerizing to watch, her style is amazing, her looks are jaw-dropping, she has charisma, she can hold a conversation, her videos are incredible.
The same happened with photography back in the day, when digital cameras were just appearing in the market: many people used to say that the only "real" photographs were those taken with film, AND in black and white!! That's being orthodox to the max.
I think writing your own lyrics is an amazing talent, and I admire Nicki SO much for that (the same goes for Mariah), but diminishing other people's work because they don't do it as well is kind of silly... Otherwise, each artist should also style themselves, do their own make up, direct their own videos, etc. Of course, writing your own lyrics is the core of being a rapper, but people aren't stupid either: whoever truly loves rap will be experienced and smart enough to distinguish true talent and diversity and who's more invested in what they do. There's a reason why Nicki is at the top. So let Iggy be! I want her to stay around, I think she has her own sound and vision, and I appreciate that. This is just about a bunch of greedy rappers not wanting to share the cake.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I stan Nicki so hard, but if people now hate on Iggy because she allegedly doesn't write her own stuff, that's stupid to me, because Iggy checks so many other boxes as an artist as well. This reminds me of the discourse back then about Britney not being a "true artist" because she doesn't sing live. Eff that, Britney is a megastar, I don't care if she's only a (fantastic, out of this world) studio performer. The same goes for Iggy, she's mesmerizing to watch, her style is amazing, her looks are jaw-dropping, she has charisma, she can hold a conversation, her videos are incredible.
The same happened with photography back in the day, when digital cameras were just appearing in the market: many people used to say that the only "real" photographs were those taken with film, AND in black and white!! That's being orthodox to the max.
I think writing your own lyrics is an amazing talent, and I admire Nicki SO much for that (the same goes for Mariah), but diminishing other people's work because they don't do it as well is kind of silly... Otherwise, each artist should also style themselves, do their own make up, direct their own videos, etc. Of course, writing your own lyrics is the core of being a rapper, but people aren't stupid either: whoever truly loves rap will be experienced and smart enough to distinguish true talent and diversity and who's more invested in what they do. There's a reason why Nicki is at the top. So let Iggy be! I want her to stay around, I think she has her own sound and vision, and I appreciate that. This is just about a bunch of greedy rappers not wanting to share the cake.

omfg, a woke king. :yesplease:

Also, people tend to discredit female rappers because they are not just like Nicki. That’s stupid. Nicki is in her own lane and nobody is seeing her at this moment, but that doesn’t mean that the rest of the girls sûck. Iggy is really cool, Megan is fire, Saweetie is serving bops here and there, etc. LET THEM BE!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Style. said:

omfg, a woke king. :yesplease:

Also, people tend to discredit female rappers because they are not just like Nicki. That’s stupid. Nicki is in her own lane and nobody is seeing her at this moment, but that doesn’t mean that the rest of the girls sûck. Iggy is really cool, Megan is fire, Saweetie is serving bops here and there, etc. LET THEM BE!

absolutely agree, there's a lot of room for anyone, let the girls be creative and do what they love to do :mhm:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block