AP: Trump admits he’s blocking postal cash to stop mail-in votes

With COVID-19, mail-in voting is the safest way to vote in the U.S. election this November. However, the Associated Press reports that President Trump has admitted he’s starving the U.S. Postal Service for money in an attempt to stop mail-in voting:

President Donald Trump frankly acknowledged Thursday that he’s starving the U.S. Postal Service of money in order to make it harder to process an expected surge of mail-in ballots, which he worries could cost him the election.

In an interview on Fox Business Network, Trump explicitly noted two funding provisions that Democrats are seeking in a relief package that has stalled on Capitol Hill. Without the additional money, he said, the Postal Service won’t have the resources to handle a flood of ballots from voters who are seeking to avoid polling places during the coronavirus pandemic.

“If we don’t make a deal, that means they don’t get the money,” Trump told host Maria Bartiromo. “That means they can’t have universal mail-in voting; they just can’t have it.”

Trump’s statements, including the false claim that Democrats are seeking universal mail-in voting, come as he is searching for a strategy to gain an advantage in his November matchup against Joe Biden. He’s pairing the tough Postal Service stance in congressional negotiations with an increasingly robust mail-in-voting legal fight in states that could decide the election.

It’s worth noting that mail-in voting has so far tended to keep voter turnout the same or increase it, which is typically harmful to Republicans on the ballot, like Trump himself. 

To me, this is a clear threat against democracy. Trump is trying to suppress votes, manipulating the election results. Every American should be scared of this. 

What are your thoughts? 

D765ADCF-4F2A-4A42-8201-AEC2D4483968.jpeg

REGISTER TO VOTE HERE: vote.gov

The sooner the better. Don’t let Trump take away your right to vote!

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Trash :trash: and extremely illegal #Biden2020 (don’t like him, either, but we have no one else)

☝️ This 

Even if Biden isn’t your ideal candidate, at least he will actually listen to his advisors and bring respect, diversity, and actual care for the American people back to the White House. 

I’m not usually this black-or-white in my political statements, but if you want to knowingly vote for someone who is actively trying to prevent fair and free elections in the U.S., you’re not an American.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

Americans truly are in a horrible position. Trump is a lunatic and Biden is not far behind. I clearly remember when my country was in war in the 90s and NATO attacked, Biden made a speech in the Congress saying all Serbians should be put in concentration camps (entirety of a nation, kids included) just because our president back then was crazy. At this point I wouldn't even know who to vote for:

Trump - a man who runs a country as if its his company

Biden - a man with past statements that are similar to ******'s

Good luck Americans tbh

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Americans truly are in a horrible position. Trump is a lunatic and Biden is not far behind. I clearly remember when my country was in war in the 90s and NATO attacked, Biden made a speech in the Congress saying all Serbians should be put in concentration camps (entirety of a nation, kids included) just because our president back then was crazy. At this point I wouldn't even know who to vote for:

Trump - a man who runs a country as if its his company

Biden - a man with past statements that are similar to ******'s

Good luck Americans tbh

This is the problem though, and it was the same as the last election.

Framing the situation as "two bad options are as bad as each other" is what lead to Trump, who is a borderline dictator. You cannot say Biden has made ****** like statements but not accuse Trump of the same, as well as purposely enacting them, and stoking tensions both in america and with our countries.

Biden is a neoliberal. Republican light. He's grey and not radical at all.

Trump is literally a far right enabler which is far more dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

This is the problem though, and it was the same as the last election.

Framing the situation as "two bad options are as bad as each other" is what lead to Trump, who is a borderline dictator. You cannot say Biden has made ****** like statements but not accuse Trump of the same, as well as purposely enacting them, and stoking tensions both in america and with our countries.

I completely agree with you. So between two candidates who resemble ******, who do you choose?

Good! If you actually look at the back door **** that is going on in Nevada. I agree with him. It’s the same day every four years, wear a damn mask and cast a vote in person. Mail in votes are not secure and like In Nevada they were mailing live ballots out to people who have died or had moved. Get out an vote. 

• Love 1
On 8/13/2020 at 10:58 PM, Jordan Miller said:

He's trash WBK but this is illegal. Trying to throw the election. :jeanluc:

The democrats have been trying to throw the election since 2016. 3 years spent trying to impeach him, they found nothing btw. You all need to wake up. I’m not saying trump is the best, but the Democrats are crooked too

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block