What caused Katy Perry to lose her mega pop star status?

JonJon92

Britney and Taylor have always been my two favorites, but I did and still do (at times) go through phases where I just really bop to Katy.

But my question is... what happened to her cultural and pop relevance?

Like, I think I know for some reasons (like taking too long of a hiatus in between albums), but since this is a music forum I figured maybe y’all would have some better insight. flop.jpg.cafd99df5c228c9891a71906cc49f4c5.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Maybe the fact that everything is just too camp. The music is camp, or the videos are, or worst, both, so then it all seems like a joke... not sure. Someone mentioned that they liked the Daisies concept idea, of being more relaxed, and natural, and I agree. Maybe if there would have been a better video concept, more budget, just something better produced, it would have been better, but I just feel that I'm tired of the clown persona. 

• Like 4
33 minutes ago, Stefani said:

She stopped working with Dr. Luke, who was clearly the brainchild behind Katy's success. Also Katy didn't really develop a loyal fanbase; she appealed to the general public, but once her music's quality declined the GP just dropped her like a bar of soap in a prison shower. 

aaron GIF

• Haha 7

What caused Katy to lose her megastar status is quite easy...

Witness- The era was...a...mess. CTR was a step in the right direction, because it a huge hit at the time, and things seemingly went well. Her career fell, not just like the word “fell” but FELL after they released Bon appetite as a single. That’s when, she became a joke. Also the moment she went for a “basketball mom” blonde haircut look, from the iconic black hair. The whole era was managed improperly. Also, not to mention it’s highly disappointing sales. It fell from 9 million sales from PRISM, to only managing to sell 800k within a year. 

Sexism towards aging woman in the Industry- It’s very rare for a female artist about 35+ to still have the same amount of popularity, they had in their 20s, because the music industry is very ageist and ******. Once u reach that age, Your record label becomes lazy in your promotions because they know a lot of that money will go down the drain since your no more in your 20s, the radio will stop playing you and lean towards much more younger artist, and your sales will start lowering, lowering and lowering. To prove my point, Katy was 33 years old in the witness era.

So if it weren’t for these two aspects, Katy would’ve still be having a popular status. I really hope SMILE is a success because it honestly deserves too. Katy has found her happiness through her child, and she has improved so much mentally, and the singles she has been giving us are AMAZING. I don’t want to see her flop anymore because she truly deserves it.

And no, I am not pressed and salty over a 3-year old bad joke Katy cracked about Britney, lol gurl bye :staysalty:

• Love 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block