Madonna is directing her own biopic with Academy Award winning screenplay writer Diablo Cody

Can't wait for the highly anticipated authorized biopic on Madonna!  The Queen of Pop is working on it with Oscar winning writer Diablo Cody.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Madonna is not only co-writing the script with Cody but is also directing it. 

“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer – a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” said Madonna.  “The focus of this film will always be music.  Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive.  There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me.  It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”

madonna-biopic.jpg.cbe781b0f409488f37a3da94107acf0c.jpg

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

This is going to be so good! I hope it's not just a two-hour stint, but something like an 8-episode season. 

That or a mini series ala the crown. High production value with each season consisting of 4-6 episodes. Different era’s or decades (or half a decade) per season. Cast changes and big numbers ala last year’s Rocketman

• Love 1

I don't usually like biopics but Madonna's involvement is very promising. 

Casting someone like Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga would be too jarring for me personally as I'd know them too well as Miley and Gaga to believe what I'm watching to be Madonna. It would completely ruin my immersion.

I think Sky Ferreira would be perfect for this role. rs-13199-sky-624-1383055564.jpg?resize=1

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Universal pictures proudly announce The untold True story of Madonna, Written and directed by the artist herself.

Get that original screenplay and best film director and best picture oscars my queen. 

She did shut down the unauthorized biopic. Saying only she could tell her story. Ironically universal pictures picked up the unauthorized bio pic only to be threatened by a law suit. So the film was cancelled and picked by the one who lived it herself. 

Can tell it her way. 

@Jordan Miller

• Leader
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Madonna is not only co-writing the script with Cody but is also directing it. 

“I want to convey the incredible journey that life has taken me on as an artist, a musician, a dancer – a human being, trying to make her way in this world,” said Madonna.  “The focus of this film will always be music.  Music has kept me going and art has kept me alive.  There are so many untold and inspiring stories and who better to tell it than me.  It’s essential to share the roller coaster ride of my life with my voice and vision.”
  • Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block