Cardi B: my "Lemonade" is coming

• Leader

cardi-lemonade.jpg.fe0246bf6102391fac680a72022041ab.jpg

Expect Cardi B's new album to have moments that'll stand the test of time.

She says her next project will have "Lemonade moments." 

Obviously, she's referring to Beyonce's iconic visual album that broke barriers and pushed the artistic envelope.  

Speaking of the amount of hate she gets, Cardi said: “It’s like I have a target on my back, but it’s not because of my music. Because I haven’t done music for eight months, and people still try to attack me,” she says. “I feel like people are attacking me because they want me to feel the pressure of bullying, and they want me to give up, and they want me to say, ‘Oh, I quit music’ or ‘I’ll delete my Instagram, delete my Twitter,’ and I’m not willing to do that. No one will ever have that much power [over] me.”

She then touches on the new tunes: “My music is always going to make a woman feel like a bad *****. When you make a woman feel like she’s the baddest ***** in the room, to me, that’s female empowerment,” she explains. “But this album is going to be really different. Of course, it’s going to have my Lemonade moments, my personal relationship moments.”

Cardi is married to rapper Offset. Offset has admitted to cheating on Cardi, so it's likely her new music centers around (or at least touches on) this. 

Y'all ready for Cardi's Lemonade :shaking:

Related:

• Love 1

Cardi B is the new pop queen. She is killing her visuals... Gaga had that crown but she’s been lackluster. Cardi has been giving us visuals and will one day be Vanguard recipient. She is such a pop icon and style icon. When you think about pop in this age, Cardi will stand the test of time. She not only pushes the envelope, but has conservatives quaking, something Madonna, Janet and Britney we’re notorious for. Cardi sets trends and people want to continue watching her next move. We haven’t had this impact since the likes of Gaga when she began her career. I think Cardi is the new IT pop girl and I feel she has so much left to offer. I completely Stan this legend queen in the making.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

:beyfedup:

It’s a cute video, but you can’t tell me “Rain on Me” is better than “WAP”. Gaga filmed this entire song on a green screen and it’s just a dance video with no story line or anything impactful. Yes I get it, Ariana and Gaga, two pop icons jumping around and dancing wearing futuristic outfits.. yaasss gays will eat this up...”born to make you happy” outsold and is far superior.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
  • Leader
Just now, Otaner said:

It’s a cute video, but you can’t tell me “Rain on Me” is better than “WAP”. Gaga filmed this entire song on a green screen and it’s just a dance video with no story line or anything impactful. Yes I get it, Ariana and Gaga, two pop icons jumping around and dancing wearing futuristic outfits.. yaasss gays will eat this up...”born to make you happy” outsold and is far superior.

I hear you. Not saying one is better than the other, but to say Gaga is releasing lackluster visuals when Stupid Love and Rain On Me exist... :clownery:

Also what does BTMYH have anything to do with this :haha: 

• Love 2
  • Haha 6
1 minute ago, Stefani said:

Why would anyone model their album after Lemonade, aka the most overrated album of the last 5 years? Unless she's implying that by using Lemonade as a basis for her own album she also intends to rig its first week numbers a la Tidal, in which case I'm perched. :ohi:

I think when singers refer to my “Lemonade” it’s like a way of saying my “Ray of light” is coming. Lemonade was very personal and so I think queen Cardi is implying that she will have some raw moments in her new music. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Otaner said:

I think when singers refer to my “Lemonade” it’s like a way of saying my “Ray of light” is coming. Lemonade was very personal and so I think queen Cardi is implying that she will have some raw moments in her new music. 

You’re so passionate, sweetie. I know, right? Indeed, Cardi is just so... cool and faded! I can’t wait for her new era, too! :pika:

yDgze0f.mp4

• Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Otaner said:

Cardi B is the new pop queen. She is killing her visuals... Gaga had that crown but she’s been lackluster. Cardi has been giving us visuals and will one day be Vanguard recipient. She is such a pop icon and style icon. When you think about pop in this age, Cardi will stand the test of time. She not only pushes the envelope, but has conservatives quaking, something Madonna, Janet and Britney we’re notorious for. Cardi sets trends and people want to continue watching her next move. We haven’t had this impact since the likes of Gaga when she began her career. I think Cardi is the new IT pop girl and I feel she has so much left to offer. I completely Stan this legend queen in the making.

The amount of lies in this post :scalped:

• Haha 7

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block