Exhale Music Awards 2020 (NOMINATIONS ARE OUT!)

Voted :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

But are these nom serious? Who is Rina Swhsgdnakam? :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: Why would you nominate Billie Eyelash in 2020? She’s so last year. Also, why would you nominate Megan Thee Stallion as the best artist of the year and none of her singles? Where’s Savage? Where’s Girls In The Hood? :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:
WHY DIDN’T YOU PUT TUSA ON THE BEST LATIN CATEGORY?! TUSA IS THE BEST LATIN SELLING SONG OF 2020. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

These nominations are a mess but so is the user @Blackout2006 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, King Sleezy Style said:

Who is Rina Swhsgdnakam? :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Well according to google :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Rina Sawayama is a Japanese-born British singer, songwriter and model. While studying politics, psychology and sociology at Magdalene College, she was a member of the hip hop group Lazy Lion with musician Theo Ellis. Sawayama made her solo debut in 2013 and released her debut extended play, Rina, in 2017.

Rina just released her debut album of this year SAWAYAMA, which is the most critically acclaimed pop album of 2020 :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Why would you nominate Billie Eyelash in 2020? She’s so last year.

Well she did release No Time To Die, Everything I Wanted..2 Huge hits (especially Everything i wanted, which has become her most critically acclaimed song from the critics and GP-wise), is the most awarded and streamed female artist of 2020, and plus: her debut album from last year sold an additional 3 million copies this year.

Also, why would you nominate Megan Thee Stallion as the best artist of the year and none of her singles?

But i did nominate Savage Ft. Beyonce and WAP Ft. Meghan which both are singles from Megan Thee Stallion

WHY DIDN’T YOU PUT TUSA ON THE BEST LATIN CATEGORY?! TUSA IS THE BEST LATIN SELLING SONG OF 2020. :pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard:

Oh yeah :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

These nominations are a mess but so is the user @Blackout2006 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well according to google :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Rina just released her debut album of this year SAWAYAMA, which is the most critically acclaimed pop album of 2020 :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Well she did release No Time To Die, Everything I Wanted..2 Huge hits (especially Everything i wanted, which has become her most critically acclaimed song from the critics and GP-wise), is the most awarded and streamed female artist of 2020, and plus: her debut album from last year sold an additional 3 million copies this year.

But i did nominate Savage Ft. Beyonce and WAP Ft. Meghan which both are singles from Megan Thee Stallion

Oh yeah :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

:shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Critical acclaim =\= succes

What’s your excuse about Tusa not being nominated in the best Latin category? :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

Just now, King Sleezy Style said:

Critical acclaim =\= succes

What’s your excuse about Tusa not being nominated in the best Latin category? :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

"Everything I Wanted" was met with mainly positive reviews from music critics. The song was praised by Insider's Callie Ahlgrim, who called it a "thoughtful dynamic" and the lyrics a "breathtaking portrait of their in-sync collaborative skills".[31] Jon Caramanica from The New York Times said the keyboards on the recording are "urgent" and "elegiac", and described the chorus as "draining yet hopeful".[32] Rolling Stone’s Brenna Ehrlich stated the song showed a "softer, sadder version of Eilish" and described the track as "a meditation on fame".[33] Writing for Clash, Robin Murray said the song "is definitely hewn from Billie's tender side".[20] The staff of DIY labeled the track a "cool, quietly upbeat production".[19] Billboard's Heran Mamo called the track a "touching tribute".[34] Idolator's Mike Wass said the song was "eerie, yet comforting".[35] Starr Bowenbank writing for Cosmopolitan magazine regarded it as a song that would "leave you sobbing in a puddle of your own tears".[36] ABC News Radio's Randy Holmes described "Everything I Wanted" as an "emotional" and "chilling" track.[37] Julia Emmanuele of Bustle magazine viewed the song "makes it clear that Eilish's experiences with managing her mental health is constantly evolving, but it seems that the singer is determined to surround herself with people like Finneas, who help support her through it all."[27]

Jasmine Gomez, writing for Seventeen, called "Everything I Wanted" a "haunting, yet beautiful tribute" from Eilish to Finneas.[23] Rhian Daly of NME wrote the track's "message is cohesive and clear. The duo have got each other's backs, be that protecting each other from the outside world and helping change their perceptions of themselves."[18] Brent Furdyk, writing for Entertainment Tonight Canada, labeled the song "a touching tribute to [Eilish's and O'Connell's] kindship”[26] In a mixed review for Los Angeles Times, August Brown called the song a "misty, echoing loop that keeps her downcast voice front and center in the mix".[38] The staff of Electronic Beats compared the track to Eilish's number-one hit "Bad Guy" while Jem Aswad of Variety said it is "neither a menacing banger like ["Bad Guy"] or a ballad like "I Love You".[17][39] Sam Prance of PopBuzz labeled the song's lyrics as "heartbreakingly personal".[29] Allie Gemmill of Teen Vogue described "Everything I Wanted" as "moody", "slow", and "introspective", saying it is another "classic Billie jam".[21] In a review for Stereogum, Chris Deville said the track puts a "crystalline, watery spin on her signature sound".[40]

3 minutes ago, King Sleezy Style said:

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hello!

I've registered your account :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

In order to vote:

• Compose a new message
  • Tag my account> @Blackout2006
  • Write the heading as "Exhale Nominations"
  • Write in your voting
  • SEND!

When i receive your message, i will write your vote down and register it once i am done registering your vote!

Hoping to see your voting soon! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

This is too medokusai -_-

cant we just have a poll? It’s much more user friendly and will definitely yield more votes which I think is the whole point right? 

6 minutes ago, bas che said:

This is too medokusai -_-

cant we just have a poll? It’s much more user friendly and will definitely yield more votes which I think is the whole point right? 

Well then it just spoils the fun. Online awards are usually done this way, and i think a poll would be more inconvenient as hardly any body wants that. However, if you want, i can pull up a poll for which method would they like to take. Poll or voting, but i doubt a poll would win with majority.

However, in the upcoming award shows, i might consider using survey or voting sites to register votes, to reduce the hassle.

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block