Diane Warren being shady: I miss real singers like Whitney Houston who didn't have to be naked in videos to get our attention

Slayer

• Leader
2 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Women are allowed to be hyper ******. Women are allowed to show their bodies. But let that be part of your message. Make an artistic statement.

this song is about letting men use you for your body so you can use them for their money. The song and video are cheap and tasteless. No subtlety whatsoever.

I see both sides. I agree with you, but I also feel like if a woman wants to be raunchy then it’s her right. However, it does open the door for criticism so I get that too. 

If you have a problem with "vulgar" songs, listen to something else? I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to ignore certain artists? I don't like Taylor Swift nor do I enjoy her music, so I mostly ignore her stuff. 

Edit: Of course she couldn't just say Happy B'day Whitney. Noooo let's throw some shade towards other female artists just because. I don't think Whitney would have liked that.

Well, there's a reason there was a Whitney and why there's a Cardi... And why there's a Xtina screaming in your ear, and a Britney lip-syncing and dancing. There's one flavour for each of us. So chill, Diane "Turtleneck" Warren. Maybe she'll shut up when Adele comes back? (imagine the upheaval if she decides to flaunt her new body while blasting vocals...)

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 8/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, Arthurfleck said:

I think she has a point and selling *** to get attention has been a often used trick by artists... Madonna has been doing this since the 90’s but it was much more subtle...nowadays its just way more vulgar for sure!! 

Also I think she is just expressing her opinion, not saying is bad or good, she just miss that kind of artists, but yeah is kinda shady, and I can't blame her cause as you said nowadays some of them can act really vulgar, I had to unsubscribe to Cardi's Instagram cause she acts and express herself in a disgusting way very often, but there's public for everyone, everyone can keep doing her thing. And if you don't like it just don't watch.

On 8/10/2020 at 10:43 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

But she worked with lady Gaga. The hypocrisy in this statement

its a multi faceted question that arises. Lady Gaga has legit talent behind her voice and uses her sexuality as a tool to express and elevate her art. Not to say Cardi does not as well but she uses it to get views and sell an idea. There's nothing wrong with that either. The question i guess is whether taking off your clothes is talent. 

I think we've come to a crossroads. How far is too far? Does raw talent even matter anymore? Whitney was a strong woman who was proud of her voice and refused to take off her clothes? Cardi B is a strong woman too(i love her) who has a voice and sells it with her body to reverse the wheel and make money and bring it back to women? I think we are talking more about the class, virtues and morals and what the mean now in 2020 entertainment.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block