Diane Warren being shady: I miss real singers like Whitney Houston who didn't have to be naked in videos to get our attention

Slayer

Legendary songwriter Diane Warren, who's crafted songs for Whitney Houston, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Ricky Martin and many more, threw unnecessary shade towards ******** empowered female singers who embrace their bodies in their art.

She wished Whitney Houston a happy birthday on Sunday while taking a dig. 

"Happy Birthday in Heaven Whitney," she said. "I miss real singers like U who didn't have to be naked in videos to  get our attention."

I'm assuming she's referring to Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion and their overt "WAP" music video. 

The last part wasn't necessary.

This is disappointing. Women should be allowed the freedom to embrace their sexuality without getting criticized for it. It's not like Cardi and Meg are untalented... 

Imagine rapping to "WAP" in a turtle neck :urite:

Thoughts, Exhale? Does Diane have a point?

warren.jpg.37426105c83230f0e538adc9ebcf3c0b.jpg

Related:

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

every woman should do what she want do with her body, but i don't like when someone use their body to gain attention instead of use the talent. 
Women aren't anymore only a **** body, please don't use this easy card

Girlllll NrvD.gifbut I’m part of the let them do what they want with their bodies. Partition is my favorite Beyoncé song and video :clicktina:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block