How Mirwais and Madonna created the most non commercial track in 2000 to #1 global.

Spicechinodiva

In 2000, Madonna on her early website Madonna music. Com. 

Said 

"Hi it's Madonna, I've been working on my new record, and with a new producer Mirwais, he's the ish. The first single is called music. It's coming soon. I hope you guys like my music. 

The lyrics to Music was inspired by a Sting concert, when Sting sang The Polices message in a bottle, the crowd went wild. 

Hint the chorus music makes the people come together. 

The production however, is based of off Mirwais's own track Never young again. 

You can hear two tidbits. But it's very clear the direction they were heading. 

Here is the mirwais track. Remember in the year 2000, this wasn't like any track on the Billboard hot 100 or being embraced or played on mainstream radio at the Time. 

The track music in the instrumental form. 

Rolling Stone, Billboard says it's the most non commercial track of 2000, But the merging of French disco, 80s Funk and the never young again track, plus the video where Madonna poked fun of the extravagant lifestyle of hip hop stars like Puff Daddy, and others showing their wealth, going to strip clubs. Plus the American introduction to Sasha Baron Cohen under His Ali G moniker, proved once again, Madonna was ahead of everybody else on all these music trend's. And with the introduction of controversial comic Sasha Baron Cohen. 

The US couldn't resist. 

The video was shot in May 2000, due to Madonna being pregnant, hint the big coat to cover up the belly.

Appearance's by Background vocalist Niki Harris, And her best friend Debi Mazar. 

Who's still friends with Madonna 40 years after they met in their danceteria days. 

Plus Sasha Baron Cohen as Ali G, a character based off the stereotype of the hip hop stars of this era, in particular Puff Daddy. 

Main premises a girl's night out..

Drinking cider (disguised as champagne 🍾), Going clubbing, Getting lap dances. Everything the hip hop era was in, they poked fun at it. 

Right down to the muff daddy license plate.

Due to Madonna being pregnant, an animated sequence happened in the breakdown. She's a superhero. 

Beating up men, destroying neon light's of older catalog songs from her career. 

To kicking Ali g off the dj board. 

A cameo appearance of a woman coming up from the dj Booth wiping her mouth. Alluding she gave head to Ali g. 

Critics still shocked how that past the censors at MTV. Given how they banned Madonna's ******** Explicit videos for Erotica and justify my love.

Overall the video is praised for it's humor and camp appeal. 

Huge Trl staple of the fall of 2000..

Won billboard video of the year in pop music field. 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived