Billboard is rethinking how to actually count streams to make sure it's fair all around.

Spicechinodiva

Remember in 2018, when billboard allowed fan uploaded videos to count towards charting on the hot 100.

Thx to the 19 week reign success of Old town road, Billboard has removed that critieria. 

There's buzz saying that Billboard is about to adopt the UK critieria of streaming and limit only a few streams to count, and have it only Singles only (Basically cutting out the album tracks) and they are also considering banning Promo singles to chart. 

Billboard is seriously only capping 20 streams on the hot 100 and Making an emphasis on Album sales on the Billboard 200. 

The fact these rules are considering to take place as Google announced that beginning in September, they are shutting down their music store to focus on YouTube music. Has people thinking is this their way of avoiding a backlash on the streaming and helping veteran acts who don't pull huge streaming numbers but is a stronger force on the physical force. 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too little too late. They already over saturated the market with their clownery rules. That’s why most music nowadays is so bland because artists know they can chart just with streams. I’ll welcome this change, but wish they stopped changing them so damn much. Others get shafted over these rules and they don’t go back and rectify it 

So glad they are doing something about it, the fun of having a No.1 on the billboard charts, was lost once they paved streaming sales such a easy path by their buffoonery rules :leaving: This artist are taking advantage of that by “bribing” their fans to stream the song while yr sleeping, eating, working and ****ting. :bichpls: However it is already somewhat late, since the streaming era killed so many older acts like Britney Spears and Madonna, but hopefully, this keeps artist in their lanes (in a good way). That’s why it’s so easy to have a No.1 song for just a week, then proceed to have the biggest second-week drop and then fall out of the top 20 next week :clownery:

Whereas for the billboard hot 200 (the album charts), let’s not act like artist, don’t manipulate the charts. It’s a good thing billboard cut off merch sales, but some artist are very over-smart, release 8 editions of an album with a different album cover, and then release it to the crazy stans who will come to buy all 8 copies :nyheadache:  Billboard should limit only 1 or 2 copies per person. If they want to buy 10 copies of the same album, that’s fine, but the 8 other copies shouldn’t be counted :jl: See once they pursue that rule, how much first week sales of an album  will come out :queenflopga:

3 hours ago, Stefani said:

Good. Hopefully this will put an end to quick lil singles that top the chart for 1 week due to streams and then disappear out of the Top 10 the next week. :mcwave:

I already knew u were shadin :quirkney:

2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

t’s a good thing billboard cut off merch sales, but some artist are very over-smart, release 8 editions of an album with a different album cover, and then release it to the crazy stans who will come to buy all 8 copies :nyheadache: 

:jj: Let's be real, we all wish Britney did this. But here we are instead of rooting for 8 different beautiful covers when a new album is released, we hope for one cover that isn't entirely atrocious :tiffanycries:

17 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

:jj: Let's be real, we all wish Britney did this. But here we are instead of rooting for 8 different beautiful covers when a new album is released, we hope for one cover that isn't entirely atrocious :tiffanycries:

Well atleast I am glad artist like Britney and Dua are not doing such shameless tactics to get a No.1 shot unlike...some artist I would not like to mention since I would get their butt-hurt stans here very angry who would then proceed to call me ******  :queenflopga: 

Archived