Britney and Justin and the Cship.

Fyi this isn't a pro-Justney thread. I'm not implying they would or should be in a relationship.  :bieber:

So I know most of the fan base hates on JT for throwing Britney under the bus after their highly publicized breakup and is even cited by some to be the reason Britney had a breakdown in the first place. 

But I wonder how the context of their post-breakup relationship looks in light of the information we've got about the cship and how creepy,  controlling and isolating its been for her. 

Putting aside personal feelings for his involvement with the Janet thing and how douchey he was to tell everyone he took her virginity and whatever,  it's extremely clear if you go back that her team banned him from her life.  But her team also haven't had good intentions this entire time.  Starting with fraudulent claims of dementia.

Jt might not be the greatest guy in Hollywood,  frankly I don't think he is and don't think he's ever been innocent or an angel in his relationships including his with Britney. But he did stick up for her when her children were being taken away.  Does anyone remember that? When he said those were her babies when asked? I also remember the rumor that he tried to see her at the vmas in 2007 too but her team or herself refused to let him see her. 

But since then it's been really sketchy with the fact they cannot physically be in a room together much less an award show/red carpet event.  Why is that? Are they afraid of him? At this point I really doubt they think she will relapse emotionally upon seeing him because it's been made clear she doesn't have hard feelings towards him after all this time (she has even said she wants to work with him). Also they are benefiting from keeping her in the cship. I just think it's weird and have been thinking about the implications of their strange behavior towards one another since the start of the cship. He doesn't seem allowed to see or speak to her but there shouldn't be any reason they can't be amicable, even friends.  

Who knows if he would even have stuck up for her in this day and age since he's a father of two now and pretty sure he's on thin ice with Jessica. But I really wish JT or Xtina or someone who knew her way before could come out and speak out for Britney instead of just old makeup artists and photographers. 

Any thoughts about it? I'm pretty crap at explaining my thoughts lol.

• Love 5
  • Like 3

It seems as though they've banned contact between her and everyone she was ever close with outside of a few people from Kentwood, and that contact is likely restricted as well. I'm not sure that them banning him from interacting with her is specific to him, but rather specific to part of the game plan of keeping Britney Spears The Business going. They don't even allow her to get friendly with her dancers anymore, either. It seems no one, but those already part of TeamLou are allowed to freely speak with her.

• Like 8

Tbh now that I thought about, I only remember Justin mentioning her dad once publicly. i never saw a pic of them together, so I wonder if he even liked Jamie. He probably knows quite much about her dad, same with his mom that was friendly to Lynne (btw she still follows Britney, Jamie Lynn and Lynne on Instagram until today lol his dad and stepmom still follow Brit as well)

But tbh he probably doesnt want more drama and I cant blame him. I think If Britney could speak about that shes being abused or whatever, more stars would support her. 

Some things Id like to point out: 

Justin called people around Britney ********* back in 2002. He already worked with Johnny by then, so who was he talking about? Larry?

Somehow this led to Britney's movie debut. Remember Crossroads? He does: "I told Britney I thought she did a good job," he said, "but someone over there didn't spend a lot of time thinking about the material." He paused. "But she's been built that way. That whole thing over there is a machine. She's sold where she needs to be sold so that the machine keeps rolling. Really, it's...it's a *******...it's a soap-opera-slash-horror-movie. Dude, if you want a ******* article, go interview everybody who works for her. Because I think some people are *********. I think some people are out for themselves."

I think his comment about her baby was when she gave birth to Preston and media were harassing her bc they wanted to see the baby and she didnt show him right away, smt like that? He seemed quite annoyed for having to talk about her tho 

Johnny Wright that was both Britney and Justins manager during their relationship and is still Justins manager to this day called out team con for putting her to work right away after all her problems. He also said years ago Britney fired him in 2003 after she and Justin broke up. (We all know how she went to Justins bday in 2003 and how Fred Durst was petty towards her bc he said she ditched him to go see Justin in early 2003. Lance and JC also mentioned how they were on and off a few times)

From JTs GQ 2006 interview:

He used to rep Britney, too, but says she dumped him during the breakup.

He said this in late 2007:

Wright says that he tried to help Spears as her behavior became increasingly erratic. “I’ve reached out to the people around her, because I want to sit down with her and help in any way that I can,” he says. “But I don’t know if my messages don’t get to her, or if she just doesn’t want to deal with me.”

what he said in 2009:

"A comeback is not what I wish for Britney. What I wish for her is to settle down and find real happiness. All her essential relationships have been torn apart. She's been divorced twice, she doesn't have custody of her kids, she's being pushed back into being a money machine. I want her to be happy in her heart, then go back to the business because she wants to, not because people are convincing her she has to, or that it would be good therapy for her. It's too soon for her to be a part of a manufactured machine that is pushing her to have to be a success.

It was very telling when I found out Wade and Andre were no longer with the tour. They helped create the best tours we ever had with Britney. Wade is a really good influence and understands her. When I heard he was no longer involved, I knew there was a problem, and it is probably just the beginning of more problems to come.

Britney has to rival Madonna out there, but Madonna really wants to do it. Seeing Britney do it by the numbers isn't a good sign. It means she might not want it as much as those around her do.

In the beginning, in her mind, she could stop at any time. Now she's thinking, 'I've got 170 people on payroll, my dad quit his job, my mom relies totally on me and I can't take a break. I can't go back to my friends in Kentwood. I can't step back... that's tough for an adult, never mind a kid... When a parent becomes an employee of a child, they worry about getting fired, so they stop being parents in order not to get laid off.

Her career can wait. Now it should be about spending time with her kids. That's where she'll bring herself back to herself. But she's gearing up for much more time away from them while on the road. Even if she's gone for a month, the growth of those boys during that period is significant. She won't see that and will really miss that.

Those are moments she's not going to get back."

29 minutes ago, Bundy said:

his comment about her baby was when she gave birth to Preston and media were harassing her bc they wanted to see the baby and she didnt show him right away, smt like that? He seemed quite annoyed for having to talk about her

Oh I forgot the context of it. I just remembered he stuck up for her although I agree he seemed annoyed. Probably because it was his ex who got married to another man and had kids with him,  I think that would upset anyone's ex. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Justney said:

Oh I forgot the context of it. I just remembered he stuck up for her although I agree he seemed annoyed. Probably because it was his ex who got married to another man and had kids with him,  I think that would upset anyone's ex. 

Add the fact he knew Kevin and Kevin worked for him the year he first broke up with Britney 

Remember that interview that Justin was seeing his own performance and he felt the need to mention Kfed even tho no one said anything? :awks:

5 hours ago, alluvion said:

It seems as though they've banned contact between her and everyone she was ever close with outside of a few people from Kentwood, and that contact is likely restricted as well. I'm not sure that them banning him from interacting with her is specific to him, but rather specific to part of the game plan of keeping Britney Spears The Business going. They don't even allow her to get friendly with her dancers anymore, either. It seems no one, but those already part of TeamLou are allowed to freely speak with her.

As fare as I can see and know, she can't even see Laura Lynn or Jansen, or they somehow choose NOT to because, I think they are team FreeBritney and they don't like what they are seeing..

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, joanhs said:

As fare as I can see and know, she can't even see Laura Lynn or Jansen, or they somehow choose NOT to because, I think they are team FreeBritney and they don't like what they are seeing..

I just remembered seeing her with several women, whom I wasn't familiar with, but who were supposedly old friends from Kentwood, in a couple of pix at a restaurant in Vegas on her instagram from like 3ish years ago. Maybe they weren't close enough friends for an hour's supervised visit to matter.

It seems like IF there werern't a c-ship, I do believe Justin would somehow have tried to talk to Britney. But it seems like ever since 2008, and her daid claiming Britney started loosing it since Justin broke up with her, that they avoid them seeing each other. To award shows they have avoided them even being at the shows at the same time. At Madonnas concert they made sure they didn't see each other. 
Thats not very realistic normally. 

I do think tho Britney doesn't need to see Justin. She likes his music more than she likes the person and that is even her childhood friend...

I 100% believe the cship is what has kept them apart. Their distance has always been strange to me. I mean even Brad and Jennifer are friends these days and we can prove he not only cheated but left her to start a whole new family.

It makes me wonder that interview when she said she wanted to work with him if she was told to retract it because the next interview she did she said no i was just kidding with friends, when that wasn't the case at all. 

I think they know if she is reminded of someone in her past she might feel to safe and try to work her way out. I wish he was in a position to say something.  He won't though not with a new baby and his marriage being publicly scrutinized right now.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Britney and Justin stopped going out like nearly 20 years ago. He has nothing to do with her and she has nothing to do with him. That’s normally what happens when people break up. It obviously happened for a reason. Justin also came down very hard on Britney and allowed the media to turn on her for many years afterwards. They both have kids and have been married since then. The Britney and Justin correlation is over. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Those quotes from Johnny :tifftear:

The state of Britney's career would be so different if he still managed her :sobbing:

He talks about her as a person, not a business like even her family talks about her 

Justin seems to have freedom to do whatever he wants with his career, he takes breaks and isnt put in the Spotlight all the time. I think he handled JTs career well, it doesnt matter if JT is flopping rn. His life seems to be normal and he has privacy, that matters a lot more than success.

5 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

Britney and Justin stopped going out like nearly 20 years ago. He has nothing to do with her and she has nothing to do with him. That’s normally what happens when people break up. It obviously happened for a reason. Justin also came down very hard on Britney and allowed the media to turn on her for many years afterwards. They both have kids and have been married since then. The Britney and Justin correlation is over. 

They grew up together. And she's mentioned him several times, he is part of her history.  And it's obvious something weird has happened because of the cship. Otherwise they could still be friendly to this day or at least appear at the same place together like normal unbothered people.  You don't like him because you stan Britney but you have no idea how she feels about it especially when she's not allowed to see certain people or do things of her own free will. But she HAS spoken about him as if wanting his attention even recently. 

Having a history with someone like that is extremely different from just dating someone a short time and moving on. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Justney said:

They grew up together. And she's mentioned him several times, he is part of her history.  And it's obvious something weird has happened because of the cship. Otherwise they could still be friendly to this day or at least appear at the same place together like normal unbothered people.  You don't like him because you stan Britney but you have no idea how she feels about it especially when she's not allowed to see certain people or do things of her own free will. But she HAS spoken about him as if wanting his attention even recently. 

Having a history with someone like that is extremely different from just dating someone a short time and moving on. 

I don’t dislike JT. If anything I think Britney was genuinely happy with him but I’m just saying let’s not forget his contribution in bashing her when the media were coming for her - thus contributing to her breakdown 5 years later. 

I don’t see any evidence that suggests Britney wants to reach out to him or has done. If you count her listening to his music or saying she wants to work with him to an interviewer who’s questions are created for hype as reaching out then I think there’s only one person reaching. The impression I got is that of 2004 during Chaotic. He had slammed her and she was angry. Now I genuinely don’t think she cares. They don’t even really know each other now. She’s a completely different person and probably so is he. She even refers to him as ‘Justin Timberlake’ not Justin.

This is just fans reaching for something that won’t ever happen. Britney probably doesn’t even think of Justin and he probably doesn’t think much about her. Even if they did they’re in relationships so there’s not really anything more to say.

• 8 months later...

This is a very delayed response to this thread, but I'm just posting this video of Justin at Cannes from 2016. The interviewer accidently said the word Pinky which was his pet name for Britney right? And he literally spaces out for like 3 minutes of the on air interview. He obviously still cares about her. They dated for 4 years and knew each other for longer. He's made multiple efforts to try to see her. I heard that he really wanted to reconnect with her in 2017 in London after she said she wanted to work with him. And her team blocked them from seeing each other for some reason.

I guess I disagree. I think at this stage given their history they should have at least made their peace by now/closure and they haven't and its strange.