3LW was so underrated

More tea: Some producers weren't too keen on working with 3LW since they were unpepared and the focus was all on Adrienne. Naturi was thinking it was her skin color that made her less appealing when that wasn't an issue, certain producers felt her voice was lacking that pop sound 3LW was known for. Naturi also felt Kiely got too much attention and let her do whatever she wanted. There was also issues with how Adrienne was in the forefront vocally as the group was suppose to be equal in terms of vocals.

• Like 3

Kielys mother was their manager, and she was from a good part of New Jersey right??? So she was probably feeling herself and her position. Its somewhat crazy, because they were on their way to becoming HUGE. And the new girl they got was beautiful. I think they were just all envious of one another and probably had held each of themselves as like the group leader. I never cared for Adrienne, she always came off as *****y for some reason, idk. But I dont think they saw each other as friends..but more so co workers and thats why it didn't work

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Atrius said:

Kielys mother was their manager, and she was from a good part of New Jersey right??? So she was probably feeling herself and her position. Its somewhat crazy, because they were on their way to becoming HUGE. And the new girl they got was beautiful. I think they were just all envious of one another and probably had held each of themselves as like the group leader. I never cared for Adrienne, she always came off as *****y for some reason, idk. But I dont think they saw each other as friends..but more so co workers and thats why it didn't work

Actually Kiely's mother is her older sister lol but yeah I do however think Kiely thought her and Adrienne had a real friendship tho. Once Adrienne started dating Rob Kardashian, that's when things begin to change between her, Kiely, and Sabrina. After she leaked her "*****" The Cheetah Girls were kicked off the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and then they went their separate ways. I can tell on Raven's IG Live with her that there was some hurt when it comes to Adrienne, hopefully one day they do speak

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 8/8/2020 at 10:09 AM, OnlyBeyonce said:

is this the walmart edition of the destiny's child? :idkney:

Lisa of TLC called 3LW a JCPenney catalog version of TLC. 

Nobody liked them, but let's be honest. Kiely has been coming out as a racist by both members of 3LW. Adrienne don't f with her and basically threw her under the bus when she apologized to Naturi for siding with kiely over the fried chicken.

Raven had to do an ig chat to make amends. But Raven is playing a game of chess. She even knows kiely can't be trusted. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Atrius said:

Also I think The Cheetah Girls coming along kinda put the group’s plans to a halt. But I can imagine TCG were making a lot more money though.

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Lisa of TLC called 3LW a JCPenney catalog version of TLC. 

Nobody liked them, but let's be honest. Kiely has been coming out as a racist by both members of 3LW. Adrienne don't f with her and basically threw her under the bus when she apologized to Naturi for siding with kiely over the fried chicken.

Raven had to do an ig chat to make amends. But Raven is playing a game of chess. She even knows kiely can't be trusted. 

While Kiely may have been catty, and spoiled in a way I truly do not think she was a racist. I'll admit she was wrong for throwing food at Naturi but that's really only the worst thing she did but she really doesn't deserve all the hate that she does get:oprah:

1 hour ago, Isla said:

Also I think The Cheetah Girls coming along kinda put the group’s plans to a halt. But I can imagine TCG were making a lot more money though.

This is very true, once Adrienne and Kiely did The Cheetah Girls it was an absolute wrap for 3LW. I feel bad for Jessica(Naturi's Replacement) because they had some things in the works to relaunch the band(A clothing line, a movie with all three of them, etc). But Disney was not fond of 3LW and their mature image and A & K were over 3LW and just wanted to continue doing TCG.

• Love 1

Meh, they were cute but that was about it. In a time when we had Destiny's Child, they really paled in comparison and none of them were "outstanding" singers or dancers. I feel like they were an attempt to revive the TLC image with the singers/rappers but it just didn't click. Their departure to do Cheetah Girls only solidified that they were nothing more than a fad.

They had some bops though...

• Like 3
7 hours ago, LibraSnake2020 said:

This is very true, once Adrienne and Kiely did The Cheetah Girls it was an absolute wrap for 3LW. I feel bad for Jessica(Naturi's Replacement) because they had some things in the works to relaunch the band(A clothing line, a movie with all three of them, etc). But Disney was not fond of 3LW and their mature image and A & K were over 3LW and just wanted to continue doing TCG.

Yeah exactly. the two groups co-existing was never gonna work especially when 3LW were more mature/adult then TCG. I feel bad for Jessica too, she seemed to be pushed aside in a way. I read she was working in a shopping centre while TCG were busy. 

• Like 3

I loved No Mooore... I still will sing Kielys rap out of the blue. “lookin at ya pager seein different numbatthhs and numbatthas”

Her lisp made it more special and even more iconic. I find it very sad she tries to blame autotune and tries to hide it. You can hear it in her old interviews and newer ones. It’s subtle. I have one, I combine words sometimes it’s weird lol cause they sound like actual words. When I was young it was difficult and I remember hearing this song for the first time and seeing Kiely. I was so happy, I was like she is a bad as

They made some great music🥰

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block