Britney Spears' lawyers reportedly unhappy her mom and siblings plan on giving more interviews that would sway public support to end the conservatorship

lynne-britney.jpg.87171e41fac3549619d21155ca149d36.jpg

Lawyers representing Britney Spears are reportedly unhappy that her family plans on giving more interviews in an effort to end the conservatorship.

According to Us Weekly, mom Lynne, sister Jamie Lynn and brother Bryan want to share their insight on the conservatorship in the hopes it'll help free Britney from the legal restraints she's been under for 12 years. 

They claim they are planning to “give more interviews that would sway public support to end” her conservatorship.

However, “Britney’s lawyers aren’t happy the family is going public with comments about how she feels about it and hopes for the future of being free,” says the source.

It's unclear what lawyers specifically may have an issue with this. If they are lawyers representing the conservatorship, then it's understandable they don't want the family to come forward as it could potentially threaten their revenue stream accrued from maintaining the conservatorship. 

Last month, Bryan Spears came forward and revealed Britney has "“always wanted to get out of [the conservatorship]. He added, “it’s very frustrating to have. Whether someone’s coming in peace to help or coming in with an attitude, having someone constantly tell you to do something has got to be frustrating.”

Britney's father, Jamie, who acts as Britney's financial conservator, called the #FreeBritney movement a conspiracy theory and a "joke."

Related:

• Love 5
  • Like 4
10 minutes ago, jokobish said:

Hmmmm.... interesting. Idk their family is just so weird to me. Like they apparently are fighting in court against each other but then all hang out after...? So odd

it’s very confusing. :wontcry: 

Us trying to put the pieces together:
V Busy GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Gardenia said:

I'm sick of these insiders.

The US Weekly inside info about Britney are usually right these days. Remember US Weekly first reported that Britney resents her dad and doesn't want to work anymore  because she doesn't want to keep herself in a conservatorship.

• Like 7
40 minutes ago, jokobish said:

Hmmmm.... interesting. Idk their family is just so weird to me. Like they apparently are fighting in court against each other but then all hang out after...? So odd

That would be cool and faded if its the case tho :ohi:

31 minutes ago, MadameFreedom said:

Either way, the conservatorship — which extends to August 22 — “is under heavy scrutiny” at the moment, adds the source, “and could end at the conclusion of the pandemic.”

It's always like that. It was first supposed to end (Jamie's words) at the end of 2008 (depending on where she was [emotionally, psychologically], he said). It was then supposed to end at the conclusion of the Circus Tour, then at the conclusion of the Femme Fatale Tour, then at the conclusion of Piece of Me, then last year, then this summer, and now, at the conclusion of the pandemic...

What has the pandemic got to do w/ any of that? Isn't Britney still under c-ship because her mental health is supposedly so challenged, because she's so susceptible to undue influence? And she's supposed to finally recover by the time the pandemic will officially be declared over? When will that be? 1, 2, 3 years? "At the conclusion of the pandemic" doesn't make much sense (like the end of the pandemic would determine her mental stability and overall judgement).

Why not end it NOW (next hearing) once and all?

@C0CKy @reecejwilson @PokemonSpears

• Like 5
19 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

It's always like that. It was first supposed to end (Jamie's words) at the end of 2008 (depending on where she was [emotionally, psychologically], he said). It was then supposed to end at the conclusion of the Circus Tour, then at the conclusion of the Femme Fatale Tour, then at the conclusion of Piece of Me, then last year, then this summer, and now, at the conclusion of the pandemic...

What has the pandemic got to do w/ any of that? Isn't Britney still under c-ship because her mental health is supposedly so challenged, because she's so susceptible to undue influence? And she's supposed to finally recover by the time the pandemic will officially be declared over? When will that be? 1, 2, 3 years? "At the conclusion of the pandemic" doesn't make much sense (like the end of the pandemic would determine her mental stability and overall judgement).

Why not end it NOW (next hearing) once and all?

@C0CKy @reecejwilson @PokemonSpears

Thing is, it was never meant to end. TMZ and other outlets really played us all out. It was always planned to be permanent, from the moment they filed for a cship in 2008 claiming she had a disease akin to dementia. Question would be whether that lie was told to her as well.

Now I think the circumstances are a bit different as the article says it has nothing to do with Jamie's wishes or Britney's well being as the others did. Either way it's just a fluff piece until it actually happens.

• Like 6

Her family = scum. I don’t buy this **** or any of the things they put out there. At best they are concerned about their own reputation, it’s been TWELVE ******* years. What took them so long... maybe the fact they are finally exposed. 

Screw all of them. :blast:

• Like 2

The thing I dont get is what do they expect to happen? At this point everyone is well aware of all the shady things going on. It will never go back to what it was before. So what do they want to happen? Because she can't keep working and after so long her money will run out you can't keep paying all these lawyers with no work.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Applejack said:

Thing is, it was never meant to end. TMZ and other outlets really played us all out. It was always planned to be permanent, from the moment they filed for a cship in 2008 claiming she had a disease akin to dementia. Question would be whether that lie was told to her as well.

Now I think the circumstances are a bit different as the article says it has nothing to do with Jamie's wishes or Britney's well being as the others did. Either way it's just a fluff piece until it actually happens.

You’re right! They used TMZ to lie to us claiming it’ll end after this tour, after that tour, after the Vegas residency. It was false hope. Tbh I believe Jamie/Team Con lied to Britney from the start. Remember the conversation Jamie and Britney supposedly had in the hospital? 🤔 Jamie & Team Con had her believing she’d be out of the conservatorship and regain custody of her boys once she finished the Circus tour in 2009. After she realized she’d been duped she became a shell of her former self. We ALL saw the change in her. Britney’s been on automatic pilot ever since. Just going through the motions. I’m so proud of her for putting her foot firmly down saying ENOUGH!! 👏 👏 

The cship was always meant to be permanent which it is. The temporary thing is Jodi Montgomery who’s replaced Jamie  as conservator of Britney the person, but that could likely become a permanent arrangement too. Hopefully both cships (personal & financial) will be removed completely. Of course, if that is to happen that would happen slowly and gradually. Idk what to think of Lynne’s intention. But I think it’s clear she and Jamie want different things for different reasons when it comes to the conservatorship.

Jamie wants to keep the cship in place (it’s been an ego booster for him) and stay conservator of Britney’s financial estate (along with Lou’s company overseeing the $) but it seems *maybe*  Lynne wants it to end but she also wants to be sure the SJB Trust has enough $ in it. Who knows for sure. Everything happening now would be a good start to terminating the arrangement and restoring Britney’s human rights, preferably before her sons become adults in a few years.

• Love 4
  • Like 2