Taylor Swift's lead "folklore" song "Cardigan" debuts at #1 on the Hot 100

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She’s so overrated. Can she disappear please

You basic white Americans need new ears. This is horrible. She would not have even 1% of her success if she was of another ethnicity, 100%.

We clearly have different perspectives. Bc she doesnt have the best voice and is not the best dancer, she works harder than others that actually have those things. Taylor is a talented songwriter, pro

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

How is she overrated when she is the only mainstream singer right now who actually writes and produces their own music.

I would say Ariana Grande is overrated

Umm...what? :deserves:

There are plenty of mainstream singers who co wrote and co produce their music.

Also writing music is easy, writing good music is hard. Taylor's songs are all about the same thing.

One thing I like about Taylor is her taste in men, I'll give her that :riri:

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Greg_del said:

This is 100% accurate. She’s so basic. Can’t sing, can’t dance, can’t perform. Her fans says she’s the « artist of the decade » but she’s just local

We clearly have different perspectives. Bc she doesnt have the best voice and is not the best dancer, she works harder than others that actually have those things. Taylor is a talented songwriter, producer and a BUSINESS WOMAN. She keeps winning bc her heart and mind are in the same direction. Her team and label trust her bc they would be idiots if they don't.

Is impossible to achieve all the things that she achieved if she wasnt talented and honest (in the good and the bad) at the age of 30.

Skin colour means nothing after 14 years, there are a lot of white blond girls with a normal voice and normal dance routine, there is even a lot of more white blond girls with a better voice and better dance moves.

At this point is obvious that what she has are 3 things: 1- she is creative 2- she is smart 3- she puts her heart and mind in the same direction = works harder.

My opinion is objective.

8 hours ago, Stefani said:

Congrats to her, but imo having a #1 debut feels so meaningless nowadays when most of them can't stay at # 1 for more than a week [and in a few cases, some can't even stay in the Top 30 for more than a week]. All you need is a strong fanbase to have a #1 these days, but if it's going to tumble down the charts quickly then you have to wonder if it's really an achievement to top the chart for a week if the song in question might not be remembered in the long run, anyway. 

i agree, organic is what counts nowdays. Even dont start now, a song that for me is the song of the year, wasn't #1.

However, if dua had a bigger fan base, she could have had that #1... Even Billie with Everything i wanted.

Wow, I knew the album would be number one, but I wasn’t expecting cardigan! This is so huge! She definitely deserves it! I love Lover, but by Taylor’s standards, it does feel like it underperformed. I feel like Folklore is exactly what she needed to breathe a bit of new life into her career. I hope more artists were using their quarantine time the way Taylor did! 

3 hours ago, EarlyMornin' said:

Umm...what? :deserves:

There are plenty of mainstream singers who co wrote and co produce their music.

Also writing music is easy, writing good music is hard. Taylor's songs are all about the same thing.

One thing I like about Taylor is her taste in men, I'll give her that :riri:

Like who? :ehum:

And also Taylor has written about other things like her mom's cancer, a fan of hers who died young and about how the media sees her.

YES she goes out with a bunch of men but that shouldnt take away from her work

• Like 2

Good for her. I like the album and overall theme but its def a mood. Its not an album that I want to listen to all the time. I actually haven’t played it since the week it debuted...

Cardigan has fallen to #34 but the album is still #1 :tired: