Taylor Swift's lead "folklore" song "Cardigan" debuts at #1 on the Hot 100

• Leader

Taylor Swift's new song "Cardigan" debuts at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Her new album, folklore, also debuted at #1.

Taylor is now the first female artist in history to debut multiple songs in the top 5 on the Hot 100 in the same week. She's also the first artist in US history to debut a song and album at #1 in the same week.

Every song off folklore debuted on the Hot 100. 

Exhale, are you surprised at the success? :peasants:

taylor-cardigan.jpg.4574669e2a2745abee67bdaff3798b17.jpg

Related:

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mattyj7883 said:

I was surprised by the album drop and the album’s sound.  However, I’m not surprised by the success.  It’s Taylor.  You can love her or hate her but she knows what she’s doing and the proof is in the pudding.  I personally love the album.

To me its her best album. Especially vocally. Those deeper vocals are so much better than her earlier high pitched nasal singing. Lyrically I love it too and I love the vibe.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

To me its her best album. Especially vocally. Those deeper vocals are so much better than her earlier high pitched nasal singing. Lyrically I love it too and I love the vibe.

Agreed!!  I love the vocals!  Her deeper register is great and was a pleasant surprise.  I love this direction.  I’m not sure if you’ve heard Pink’s album rose ave. but give it a listen.  The feel of this album reminds me of folklore.  

• Love 2

Congrats to her, but imo having a #1 debut feels so meaningless nowadays when most of them can't stay at # 1 for more than a week [and in a few cases, some can't even stay in the Top 30 for more than a week]. All you need is a strong fanbase to have a #1 these days, but if it's going to tumble down the charts quickly then you have to wonder if it's really an achievement to top the chart for a week if the song in question might not be remembered in the long run, anyway. 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block