I Rewatched For The Record

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, nanabs said:

I almost punched the computer screen in the part where he says that she is doing what she loves: WORK.

And that is what makes Britney happy 

I don’t think he meant it in that, he just knows it’s something she genuinely does like to do. That’s why Andre said he saw someone who is passionate about what they do but is also taken advantage of because of it. She loves dancing and it’s kinda obvious at this point, so I’m sure Larry was like “well she doing it anyways, why not make money out of it” I just know that Larry loves to spin stuff just like how he’s hyping this as a comeback. I mean he’s let it known he doesn’t know anything about her job so that’s fodder for people like Lou and Larry to take advantage of that and “coax” him into doing what they want and then turned into a monster. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I don’t think he meant it in that, he just knows it’s something she genuinely does like to do. That’s why Andre said he saw someone who is passionate about what they do but is also taken advantage of because of it. She loves dancing and it’s kinda obvious at this point, so I’m sure Larry was like “well she doing it anyways, why not make money out of it” I just know that Larry loves to spin stuff just like how he’s hyping this as a comeback. I mean he’s let it known he doesn’t know anything about her job so that’s fodder for people like Lou and Larry to take advantage of that and “coax” him into doing what they want and then turned into a monster.  obvious at this point, so I’m sure Larry was like “well she doing it anyways, why not make money out of it” I just know that Larry loves to spin stuff just like how he’s hyping this as a comeback. I mean he’s let it known he doesn’t know anything about her job so that’s fodder for people like Lou and Larry to take advantage of that and “coax” him into doing what they want and then turned into a monster.  know that Larry loves to spin stuff just like how he’s hyping this as a comeback. I mean he’s let it known he doesn’t know anything about her job so that’s fodder for people like Lou and Larry to take advantage of that and “coax” him into doing what they want and then turned into a monster. 

Yes. I didn't go deeper. This is the point. Watching the doc in 2020, we can understand that they use everything you said as a justification for stealing. You're right.

52 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It was definitely between 2010 and 2011

Then 2011 happened.

As much as they say she "loves to perform", this has arguably transformed into a circumstance where she didn't learn-or wasn't allowed to learn-to do other things.

Did she keep performing from 2011 onward to pay bills (child support, supporting other family members)?  Contractual obligations?? (Again, it is her prerogative to put herself out there for public scrutiny.)

At the end of the day, you aren't really supposed decline as a performer the way she has without much explanation.  

I agree with with Jamie Spears that Britney is entitled to her PRIVACY, but he knows she can't be left alone because he and his wife nonchalantly made Britney arguably the most well-known name of the last two decades.  So there's going to continue to be speculation.

In my mind, if Britney wanted a new life/career way back in 2004, she really should have left Jive or re-sign with substantial control over her music/image.  Marrying Kevin Federline was never a rebellion whatsoever because of all of her contractual obligations.

As stated, she said she's on hiatus: She should be living her life with her kids as best possible.

13 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

It's honestly so hard to watch 

Does anyone have a link to For the record? I cant find one anywhere to watch and my dvd is at home so i can't access that either. 

The dvd is no longer available on Amazon and there is no digital link to purchase it either. 

This topic has some links 

anyone feels bad like me when she asked nervously if they showed her 2007 vmas performance? 

It was not up to Britney's standard like she said you have good performances, ok performances and bad performances but it was not the worst thing in the world like how tabloids were saying about it.

I showed my friend who has never seen it before and she told me it was not bad at all. 

I hate how they make her feel bad about that performance when she was not mentally ready for it. 

6 hours ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

you can see the Conservortroship Abuse CLEARLY in the documentary. Britney looks extremily unhappy. larry is more intrested about the  comeback, and jamie just feels that if she is performing she is ok. 

According to Adnan, they cut a lot of stuff out because it was too transparent as to what was going on.

FTR documentary is where my suspicions came from originally. It was this documentary which spelled it out for me. The idea that Larry was back in her life, her father was such a huge presence in this documentary just said so much. Basing that on previous documentaries where her parents weren’t really a part of her business (ie crying whenever her mom was mentioned) for a time back in 2004. 

Her dad became way too involved in the business it made me cringe having him floating around like a spare part during the Womanizer video shoot. How uncool must it feel to be shooting a **** video and having your father watching over you. That’s just basic human nature there are times you want to be independent. It seems to me Britney has matured backwards (not through her own choice but given the circumstances around her). 

Secondly it was evident it was ALL about the money. Her team were literally such a tight circle and they were going to make sure Britney was never going to do to them what she did before and that was jeopardise her finances. She was never going to fire Larry again. She was never going to cut them out of her life like that again so they locked her in for financial security. 

You can see that 2008 was just far too early for her to be returning to work. If she was ever going to come back she should have been given a good few years to sort herself out and find out what she wanted before being forced to go back into the music business only months after a massive breakdown. Let’s remember it was only January 2008 she was crying outside her house. She was a mess. 

She had no control over anything really. She couldn’t even drive. The one thing that struck me was how much they normalised what was going on. The way she was ignored literally throughout the full thing. It was so true when she said they listen but they’re really not listening - they’re hearing what they want to hear. They literally ignore any of her concerns and it’s almost like they get fed up listening to her. Brett especially was quite rude to her throughout. Let’s jus remember that they work for Britney Spears not the other way around. 

Her team are so toxic and this documentary just proves it. 

13 minutes ago, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

When she says that ART is therapy...

I used to love that quote, but now it means something different, as in they never sent her to actual therapy...

you're right. And this part where she talks about dancing is also important to remember that: when she posts videos dancing today, she's just trying to get away from it all and express herself.

And it's cruel to judge. Because she doesn't want to perform, just feel the moment.

Sorry bad english

The more I rewatch FTR the sadder I get. You can tell the only joy she gets is when she's doing what she loves, or with her babies. When she was rehearsing with Andre and making up choreography and watching the dancers, you could tell she was into that. But everything else, just makes me sad. The more you watch it the more clear it is that she is SO unhappy, and slides in little notes about the chip abuse that you can tell she's just overwhelmed and sad. There were glimpses of happy, normal Britney in it. But, it just captured a very good picture at the fact that we're never going to fully understand and never going to fully hear what really went on behind the scenes. I just imagine what got cut from the documentary. :britstare11:

Archived