Will Chromatica age badly?

On 8/2/2020 at 1:07 AM, NotLouTaylor said:

I mean... has her music ever been not dated ? None of her music’s reflective of how weird she wants to be or thinks she is. She models herself on Grace Jones and Madonna but the music sounds like 20 year-old Ibiza disco. She’s not progressive but she's a good mimic :queenflopga:

Did you ever listened Born this way the album or Artpop?

• Love 3

I'm not going to lie, there have been moments where it's been playing and I was like "I'm kind of tired of it", but I think it's just me overplaying it since it came out. :gagacrash:

Other days, like today, I find myself thoroughly enjoying it from beginning to end like the first time I heard it. I can't imagine not liking Chromatica, I love the cohesivity and how versatile it is, I feel like you could either cry or dance through the whole album, depending on your mood. :gagasmile:

It's just a vibe, like ARTPOP, which is probably still my favorite album of all time. :crying3:

• Love 2

Even though I enjoy the album - not crazy about it - I dont see any classics on here.  Wont be remembered for anything. The Fame had Just Dance, Paparazzi, The Fame Monster had Bad Romance, then we hd Born This Way. This album has no tracks that will stand as strong as those tracks. I personally havnet even memorized any of the songs lyrics, with her ealry albums you couldnt halep but sing along. Not even Rain On Me will be a classic track. As with almost 90% of todays music. I think Gaga's career came full circle, meaning she will continue to release music and be moderately succesfull but she reached her peak. She had her crazy"Fame" moment. Not comparing, but I believe Britney had the strongest peak from all these girls. Britneys peak was madness all around the world :)

I actually like this question A LOT. 

I definitely think 'Chromatica' will disappear. Very much like 'ArtPop'. It doesn't mean it's not good... BOTH are fantastic. But when you look at an album like 'The Fame', with it's near perfect theme/sound, followed by 'Born This Way', again, with such a solid theme throughout, and such a sonic resonance, these last two dance records from her just don't hold a candle the same way. 

You know something? She may never touch 'The Fame' or 'Born This Way' ever again. Think about it... most artists only ever have 2-3 albums that are universally beloved. There's a point where the general public shifts their eyes/ears to something fresh and new, and regardless of the quality of these albums, most artists just don't touch their classics again and again. 

This is especially true for pop music. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dr35 said:

I actually like this question A LOT. 

I definitely think 'Chromatica' will disappear. Very much like 'ArtPop'. It doesn't mean it's not good... BOTH are fantastic. But when you look at an album like 'The Fame', with it's near perfect theme/sound, followed by 'Born This Way', again, with such a solid theme throughout, and such a sonic resonance, these last two dance records from her just don't hold a candle the same way. 

You know something? She may never touch 'The Fame' or 'Born This Way' ever again. Think about it... most artists only ever have 2-3 albums that are universally beloved. There's a point where the general public shifts their eyes/ears to something fresh and new, and regardless of the quality of these albums, most artists just don't touch their classics again and again. 

This is especially true for pop music. 

I agree. :mhm:

It even worse in the Kpop industry. :wontcry:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block