Late 2000s-Early 2010s was a golden era in pop music + culture

Omg you're making me feel so nostalgic, I miss this era :omggg:

I remember the days when Katy, Britney, Taylor, Gaga and Rihanna dominated the radio :yesplease:

(I don't know why but I remember SO MUCH of the general public's hype for Britney's Femme Fatale album even though I was like,,,, 4-5 years old from when that era was going on)

Also this was back when a #1 still meant a song had impact like now a days, most of the songs going #1 won't even be remembered in a year, let alone a few years.

Only @Towelney will somewhat understand :gagasmile:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Omg you're making me feel so nostalgic, I miss this era :omggg:

I remember the days when Katy, Britney, Taylor, Gaga and Rihanna dominated the radio :yesplease:

(I don't know why but I remember SO MUCH of the general public's hype for Britney's Femme Fatale album even though I was like,,,, 4-5 years old from when that era was going on)

Only @Towelney will somewhat understand :gagasmile:

I remember, too. I was like 8/9 at the time. :kylie: 
I had HIAM, TTWE, IWG, and Criminal on repeat that whole summer. :kylie:

It drove my parents crazy :kylie:

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I remember, too. I was like 8/9 at the time. :kylie: 
I had HIAM, TTWE, IWG, and Criminal on repeat that whole summer. :kylie:

It drove my parents crazy :kylie:

I remember the days that I Wanna Go, Criminal and Hold It Against Me were released as singles for the album omg.... I was a tiny tiny child so I didn't understand how to listen to music but whenever they came on the radio I was all like: :carpoolney:

(Criminal was little me's favourite out of the singles from Britney's Femme Fatale album because I thought it sounded so catchy :zoomzoom:)

Just talking about this makes me miss that time period so much, I had 0 cares in the world omg. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I remember the days that I Wanna Go, Criminal and Hold It Against Me were released as singles for the album omg.... I was a tiny tiny child so I didn't understand how to listen to music but whenever they came on the radio I was all like: :carpoolney:

(Criminal was little me's favourite out of the singles from Britney's Femme Fatale album because I thought it sounded so catchy :zoomzoom:)

Just talking about this makes me miss that time period so much, I had 0 cares in the world omg. 

If only we could turn back time. :fakecry:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators

It was a great time for pop music I agree with that.

Do I miss it ? not really, even thought some of them put out really good music non of them were truly exciting to watch. 

The only one who truly put on a great show was Lady Gaga, she sang live and somewhat danced but, she would talk a lot during her shows and that became tiresome after a while.

The rest of them had good videos but performance wise were a snore-fest. 

My favorites were Gaga and Kesha, I do miss Kesha her first three albums were amazing.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Has this really changed though with today's artists :ohwut:

sadly no :crying4: they continue to s.uck even harder now., 

I'm still waiting for someone to come top Britney but I don't think that's ever gonna happen.

img.gif

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block