Will Taylor enter 'folklore' for Pop or Alternative categories at The Grammys?

Mgmgmgmg

With the Grammy's coming up early next year and Taylor's folklore being a sure frontrunner, do you think she will enter the album for Pop categories or Alternative? Can you enter individual tracks in each? I'm truly not sure what is possible there, and would love your thoughts, Tay stans and fans!

-

Additionally, who will get album of the year? I can think of only vast majority women. Front-runners off the top of my head are...

Taylor Swift - folklore

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Phoebe Bridgers - Punisher

Harry Styles - Fine Line

The Chicks - Gaslighter

Sawayama - Sawayama

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Towelney said:

It’s probably going to be Harry or The Weeknd. :brityes: I think Future Nostalgia or Sawayama should get it, tho :sipney:

I think Sawayama has a pretty good chance of getting the Underdog Win that the grammy's love so much for this category. :mhm:

Folklore is a alternative country/indie album with very few pop elements, so I don’t see the thought of sending a nomination slip for the pop categories :yaknow: 

Whereas for album of the year, the albums that deserve to be nominated are definitely Folklore (because it was a :praisega: album) and BTS new album Map Of The Soul: 7 (artiscally, this is their best album and deserves a nomination).

However, Dua Lipa is the most deserving of AOTY Grammys 2021 for Future Nostalgia :yesplease: 
Also SAWAYAMA deserves a nomination! If possible it should win the best pop album in the Grammys :kylie: 

5 minutes ago, Towelney said:

It’s probably going to be Harry or The Weeknd. :brityes: I think Future Nostalgia or Sawayama should get it, tho :sipney:

This!

Probably alternative, although I do think that category is quite broad as well. I don't think Folklore is an alternative rock album, it's a indie pop/indie folk album with some pop influences. But I don't think it should be nominated for best pop vocal album just because 1989/Reputation/Lover all were. Besides, Fearless/Speak Now/Red were all nominated in the best country album category. 

Archived