Katy Perry says she turned down "Titanium" because Sia's demo version was that perfect

• Leader

Katy Perry revealed she turned down the opportunity to sing on "Titanium" because the original, which featured Sia, was perfect as is.

In a live stream chat with some electronic music producers, including David Guetta, who produced Titanium, Katy reflected on what could have been:

"Do you remember when, like almost 10 years ago, you sent me 'Titanium'?" she asked, "Oh my god! Did you turn down the record?," Guetta replied.

"So you sent me the song, right?" Perry continued. "And this is when you had Sia, obviously from Zero 7, you know, who had already had the coolest success -- she had demo'd that record. And you'd sent it to me and I remember specifically listening to it on the plane, I was like, 'Oh my god, this song is so good. Who is the person on the record? They should stay on the freakin' record. This is a hit record; don't put me on the record! Keep Sia on this record!' 'Cause I was already such a huge fan of Zero 7, and so I wrote you back an email...and I just said, 'You're crazy. I don't need to be on this record. Keep Sia on the record.' And there is 'Titanium.'"

Can you imagine "Titanium" with Katy's voice on it instead of Sia's? :nonono:

Β 

katy-titanium.jpg.728129c779fbffb74ca6eeb056ffc11b.jpg

• Love 4

We stan a humble queen.Β :imacoolmom:

Let’s remember the fact Katy was on her way to reach her peak in 2010-2011. And she decided to let Sia shine bright (like a diamond) and have commercial success.

Not saying Sia wasn’t famous back then when she was part of Zero 7,Β because she was andΒ Β that’s my favorite era, but she became more well-known and a lot of doors opened up toΒ her thanks toΒ Titanium.Β :quirkney:

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Why is Katy doing promo for a record that is predominantly generic pop at electronic festivals and with electronic dance producers?

Β 

Gaga has her pressed.

Girl I’m no katy fan but Gaga is doing zero justice for chromaticaΒ 

All the Hype is gone and the album felt rushedΒ 

and some artists are putting in time and effort into promotion despite covid and she is really just giving us nothingΒ 

2 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Girl I’m no katy fan but Gaga is doing zero justice for chromaticaΒ 

All the Hype is gone and the album felt rushedΒ 

and some artists are putting in time and effort into promotion despite covid and she is really just giving us nothingΒ 

Exactly!

Β 

Aside from 911 and MAYBE Sine from Above, the album is trash. Meanwhile, newcomers like Dua Lipa are putting out quality.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
19 minutes ago, Sia said:

Exactly!

Β 

Aside from 911 and MAYBE Sine from Above, the album is trash. Meanwhile, newcomers like Dua Lipa are putting out quality.

this is the only album she didnt co produce

besides the interludes which are the only good things about this album

i feel zero effort from her rn

maybe she needs a long break idk

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block