Taylor Swift sells 500K+ copies of "folklore" in its first three days

5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

She is not coming 1 million get over it. She is just going to hit sales below lover,her dominance is being slowly challenged 

are u kidding right? she literally anounced the album in less than 24 hours and with no promotion. 

you guys i understand that u can dislike someone but just being around throwing shade it has to be exhausting, rest for a while and let people enjoy things. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, Itsrickybish said:

whew chile. u cant compare taylor to Britney. Britney is a talented superstar with actual talent. even if people say she cant sing they sure cant say she cant dance her *** off. what is talented about taylor? I can write better songs than her and so can Britney. I don't know anyone who listens or likes taylor but a lot of my friends/family like or love Britney. I really wanna know is buying her stuff. it doesn't make sense why shes so big. she is a rat faced lil fake *****

Just because you dont know anyone who likes taylor doesn't mean no one likes taylor. Charts speak. And britney writes better songs ? She should go ahead then. Why so bitter ?

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Taylor Swift has sold over 500,000 units of her new album folklore in just three days. The album already surpassed the biggest week of 2020 for any album, previously set by Juice WRLD’s Legends Never Die (497K).

This isn't counting the limited week of physical pre-orders which ends Thursday at 11:59 PM EST. 

In 2014, Barbara Walters said it best, and this just proves her comments were valid and accurate.

"Taylor Alison Swift is the music industry."

She's half way to a million! Let's place bets. I think she's gonna outdo Lovers numbers because she has won over fans that normally don't check for her at all with this album. 

Related:

500k.jpg

she killed beyonce who allegedly came up with this concept of surprise albums but cant score hits or sell well

The socially acceptable racism in this thread is disgusting, by the way.  I am not really a Taylor Swift fan but she is a smart marketer.  She built her fanbase VERY slowly.  I was a fan of her from her silf-titled era through 1989 but then she really became unrelatable for me but this album is amazing and is a true "return to form" for her songwriting.  Congrats, Taylor!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, FRANCISCO said:

are u kidding right? she literally anounced the album in less than 24 hours and with no promotion. 

you guys i understand that u can dislike someone but just being around throwing shade it has to be exhausting, rest for a while and let people enjoy things. 

AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME I HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF!? Sis, i like Taylor swift. I own 2 of her CDs and loved the folklore album but i am not delusional to say that album will pull 1 million in a FREAKING pandemic. People are worried about other things than a artist relleasing an album, the circumstances we are going through rn, NOBODY is going to be pullling 1 million because this isnt 2019. Get over it, because it just isnt happening. Billboard just released a statement predicting the album to sell 700k. 700k is 300k units away from 1 million. I love taylor but i am not delusional to think she will pull 1 million. BYE

11 hours ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

Shakiras last album el dorado released in 2017 at age 40 already 27 years into her career sold 4m+ copies world wide:kylie:

in retrospect lover sold 3,200,000 WW and reputation sold 4.5 M+ WW 

so no I think she will continue being successful cause if u are a talented international superstar as both of them are they will continue having success despite age 

Buuuuuuut....Shakiras best-selling album has sold 21 million WW. Sales of 4 million are quite regular for aging female artist. Reputation was a huge era tho and has sold 5 million but it was released in the age where music industry dont become ****** to growing woman.

10 hours ago, Ohmymy said:

Can we just post screenshots of all the people on the other thread and their variations of "not gonna reach 500k"? :quirkney:

Yes, we should do that :gagasmile:and then we cancel them where they're on the same boat as Shady ****sawn, My name's Jeffrey, Titty and more cancelled famous people :zoomzoom: 

~~that last sentence was a joke pls dont @ me and I definitely didn't said that so these people will replace me in the cancelled boats~~ :joanne:

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

AGAIN FOR THE 5TH TIME I HAVE TO DEFEND MYSELF!? Sis, i like Taylor swift. I own 2 of her CDs and loved the folklore album but i am not delusional to say that album will pull 1 million in a FREAKING pandemic. People are worried about other things than a artist relleasing an album, the circumstances we are going through rn, NOBODY is going to be pullling 1 million because this isnt 2019. Get over it, because it just isnt happening. Billboard just released a statement predicting the album to sell 700k. 700k is 300k units away from 1 million. I love taylor but i am not delusional to think she will pull 1 million. BYE

Okey honey if you need to clarify something for the 5th time you better start thinking that you’re comunicating in a wrong way. I really dont care if she pull 1 million or 25 copies, and i absolutely understand your point of view about this not being 2019, but if you want to be blind and not assuming that you’re being shady and a little bit negative in the taylor swift folklore’s posts, continue that way. Bye

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Buuuuuuut....Shakiras best-selling album has sold 21 million WW. Sales of 4 million are quite regular for aging female artist. Reputation was a huge era tho and has sold 5 million but it was released in the age where music industry dont become ****** to growing woman.

They aren’t regular at all tbh 

britney Jean and glory didn’t reach that at all and neither did lemonade or lover 

• Like 1
Just now, FRANCISCO said:

Okey honey if you need to clarify something for the 5th time you better start thinking that you’re comunicating in a wrong way. I really dont care if she pull 1 million or 25 copies, and i absolutely understand your point of view about this not being 2019, but if you want to be blind and not assuming that you’re being shady and a little bit negative in the taylor swift folklore’s posts, continue that way. Bye

Girl I am not being negative, I was rationally thinking. I have defended Taylor in many instances, but she is predicted to sell 700k (which are NEW predictions), not a million. Bye

11 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

They aren’t regular at all tbh 

britney Jean and glory didn’t reach that at all and neither did lemonade or lover 

Um... Lover was the number one best selling album of 2019. Selling 3.2 million in less than a year. Times have changed. But shes still on top every year when she releases an album, this year, by the look of it, is no exception. 

Damn Right GIF by memecandy

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

She is just going to hit sales below lover,her dominance is being slowly challenged 

22 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Towards the early 20s, many new female acts and pop stars are coming in who would overshadow Taylor Swift. It’s just how it works

first you said this, which you can clearly see it's a negative opinion, but you dont want to assume that

9 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

People are worried about other things than a artist relleasing an album, the circumstances we are going through rn, NOBODY is going to be pullling 1 million because this isnt 2019.

and then you change it to something reasonable, a fact 

11 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

but she is predicted to sell 700k (which are NEW predictions), not a million. 

thats amazing thanks for the information

a great loss of dominance...  :truthtea:

3 minutes ago, FRANCISCO said:

first you said this, which you can clearly see it's a negative opinion, but you dont want to assume that

and then you change it to something reasonable, a fact 

thats amazing thanks for the information

a great loss of dominance...  :truthtea:

I didn’t that her decline has already started my dear, I said that once the mid 2020s roll in (2021-2022) and there’s a shift in pop culture, 2010s culture will end. In that period, many artist would be coming in and securing their spots, Billie and Ariana would be running pop, so there wouldn’t be place for Taylor Swift because of the biased ****** industry (she would 31 or 33 at the time) . She would still have a loyal fan base, but like how the GP and general music listeners stopped checking in for Britney in 2011, would be the same way the GP or general music listeners  stop checking in for Tay boo in 2022 🤷🏽‍♀️ I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, because eventually, everyone gets bored of a star after sometime. Taylor has been highly popular since 2008, so people are obvious to lose their interest in her. Like my sister said, she has been hearing Taylor Swift since her high school/college and got bored of her after some time. 
But who knows, Maybe Taylor will have her Confessions of the dance floor era in 2025 or Ray of light era in 2028 (if she doesn’t have her COTD era in 2025) and then fade into total irrelevancy in the 2030s....

13 minutes ago, FRANCISCO said:

She is just going to hit sales below lover,her dominance is being slowly challenged 

Was I wrong tho? :oprah: the album is predicted to sell 700k, and Lover sold 816k or some figure like that. 700k is totally great, not that I am demeaning it....

14 minutes ago, FRANCISCO said:

Towards the early 20s, many new female acts and pop stars are coming in who would overshadow Taylor Swift. It’s just how it works

It’s true tho. In every ending period of an old decade and turn of a new decade, a set of new young pop stars come onto the scene and take away the older stars attention at most. For example- in the late 90s (96-98) new young pop acts like Backstreet Boys, *NSYNC, Britney, Xtina came onto the scene and took away the attention of older stars popular in the early and mid 90s such as Mariah Carey. In the late 00s (06-09), new young stars like Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift came onto the scene and took away the attention of older stars who were popular in the early and mid of 00s such as Britney Spears. 
Hope you understand now. Thank you

On 7/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Mmmm Papi said:

And meanwhile, on the other thread, a lot of people guessed 280-400k was probably how much Taylor's album was going to sell within the first week and a lot of people disagreed and said "you guys are being way to generous! I'm pretty sure it's lower than 200k 😂"

Oh boy how wrong was that... :dontlike:

I was one of them but said I was hoping to be wrong and boy am I HAPPY TO BE WRONG.

The album slays, it's so magical and the writing skills are to die for!!

I stan a queen. Queen TayTay for president.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block