Spencer's is selling "on-trend" Free Britney t-shirts

PlayboyMommy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Baronesse said:

I don't think team con is quite smart enough to profit off this like that. :tifflmao:

Team Con were the ones who catered to the Free Britney movement by changing the Glory cover from a screenshot to a picture of Britney in chains. I’m sure there’s tons of pictures from the David LaChapelle shoot they could’ve used. There’s probably hundreds of Randee St. ****cols pictures as well, but they chose the one of Britney in chains. During the height of the Free Britney movement. 

These people suck at promoting new music, but they’re masters at manipulation and generating sales in everything else. I don’t doubt for a second they’re behind this.

5 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Team Con were the ones who catered to the Free Britney movement by changing the Glory cover from a screenshot to a picture of Britney in chains. I’m sure there’s tons of pictures from the David LaChapelle shoot they could’ve used. There’s probably hundreds of Randee St. ****cols pictures as well, but they chose the one of Britney in chains. During the height of the Free Britney movement. 

These people suck at promoting new music, but they’re masters at manipulation and generating sales in everything else. I don’t doubt for a second they’re behind this.

I don’t wanna believe this...

If they’re comfortable enough adding fuel to the fire and making Free Britney bigger then they really fear nothing and are 100% sure nothing is happening to them....

I don’t think they’re behind it tho, there’s not even a Britney album to promote plus they made her make the ‘all is well’ video...

5 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Hm... you could be right, but I don't know if I believe in the theories about that choice of cover having some deep meaning behind it, it's not like she's bound up, there's just a chain under her body and it's aesthetically pleasing. Also, they wouldn't have profited off doing that, not like someone went to buy Glory or the Mood Ring remixes just for that or thinking they're supporting #FreeBritney:makeup:

20 hours ago, sanpedro said:

I don’t wanna believe this...

If they’re comfortable enough adding fuel to the fire and making Free Britney bigger then they really fear nothing and are 100% sure nothing is happening to them....

I don’t think they’re behind it tho, there’s not even a Britney album to promote plus they made her make the ‘all is well’ video...

20 hours ago, Baronesse said:

Hm... you could be right, but I don't know if I believe in the theories about that choice of cover having some deep meaning behind it, it's not like she's bound up, there's just a chain under her body and it's aesthetically pleasing. Also, they wouldn't have profited off doing that, not like someone went to buy Glory or the Mood Ring remixes just for that or thinking they're supporting #FreeBritney:makeup:

What secured my own theory for myself was when someone made a thread here a few weeks ago about the “Queen Bee” post. It generated A LOT of buzz around Britney. Beyoncé stans were PISSED. Queen Bee was trending and filled with people pointing out who the real Queen Bee was. A DAY LATER Britney surprise drops the Mood Ring remixes with the new tag line “There’s only one *****....” just as her name is trending. 
It was a very small but smart business move. It generated buzz around her name and introduced us to a new tag line (yes even though the Mood Ring Remixes didn’t go that big)

The Justice4Glory campaign isn’t any different in my opinion. Team B saw a significant  amount of fans drop their support for official Britney merch. Look at The Zone. I visited the location in February and it was amazing how empty it was on a Friday when it’s located right next to a popular mall. The GP still blindly supports Britney the Brand (can’t blame them, they don’t know the whole situation), but the fan support was dying. What better way to win the hardcore fanbase back than to

1. Change the album artwork for the album that the fans demanded to be changed since day 1 while there’s a spike in streams

2. Change it from the infamous Randee picture to the fan demanded David version

3. Cater to what the fans are talking about (Free Britney) by showing us Britney’s own imprisoned vision she had during that shoot that they eventually scrapped

When entertainment sites reported on it, they reported that the cover changed to show more of Britney’s “hot body” (their favorite thing to talk about seemingly, right next to her mental health). Where as when it changed and fans starting talking about, everyone was like “UM HOLY CRAP ITS HER ORIGINAL VISION. THE CHAINS?!? SHE WAS TRYING TO GIVE US A SIGN!!!” I’m also pretty sure this wasn’t the original cover? Didn’t her graphic designer say he was asked to use that specific picture and make it the new album cover?

It was genius. It generated buzz around her name, image, everything within the fanbase and some of the GP. They did a good job at temporarily pulling the fanbase back in with the new cover, Mood Ring, and the remixes

Long story short: they know what they’re doing and how to manipulate us

Archived