Britney has other influences besides Janet Jackson or Madonna

zxcvb

Kylie Minogue???

Arguably Britney's best album In The Zone definitely has big nods to Kylie Mingoue.

And people need to stop saying that Britney didn't give Janet credit for inspiring her...

(At 3:05, at arguably her peak, she says "Janet opened the door for her")

BUT...

at the same time, Britney did back-hansprings LIVE in their performances/videos, and that's as much a part of Britney's performance style as anything else and has got NOTHING to do with Janet or Madonna (or Kylie)

I know a user mentioned Sporty Spice doing them, but it's not really a "move inspired" by anyone because it's purely a testament to one's own athletic abilities.

Still, Britney incorporated a variety of dance styles into her performances, so you can't call her a "clone"  or "baby version" of ANYBODY.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don’t find her a similar artist to Madonna or Janet. She has been somewhat inspired by both and has a similar career path to Madonna’s in some ways, that’s it. Fans need to find something else to be bored about, this Madonna & Janet inspiration thread is bumped every two weeks.

43 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I don’t see the Kylie influence :squintney:

Breathe On Me, arguably Britney's greatest ever album track, is very Kylie Minogue-esque

38 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Yeah I don’t find her a similar artist to Madonna or Janet. She has been somewhat inspired by both and has a similar career path to Madonna’s in some ways, that’s it. Fans need to find something else to be bored about, this Madonna & Janet inspiration thread is bumped every two weeks.

I agree. My point was, backhand-springs were a staple of Britney's LIVE performances/videos during her peak and they literally have NOTHING to do with either Madonna or Janet...

The official Britney-related "Mom, can we have ___?" meme thread. - Britney  Spears - BreatheHeavy | ExhaleBritney spears hunt GIF on GIFER - by Whitestaff

Britney: "I can still do the back handspring" - Britney Spears - FOTPBlurryface GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

So Britney deserves credit for her greatness back then.

You can tell Mariah Carey was extremely influential on Britney's singing voice before Britney was famous. I still think there was some influence from Mariah on Britney's career during the ...Baby One More Time era but when Britney entered her peak performing skills (You could argue on what Britney's peak as a performer was and if it includes the year 2000 but I'd say it was probably from 2001-2004) Janet's influence on Britney's performances pretty much almost entirely took over. 

15 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

but when Britney entered her peak performing skills (You could argue on what Britney's peak as a performer was and if it includes the year 2000 but I'd say it was probably from 2001-2004) Janet's influence on Britney's performances pretty much almost entirely took over. 

Both Madonna and Janet are celebrated and acknowledged for setting the template for basically every female pop star.

My main point is that Britney deserves credit for doing the athletic moves both Madonna and Janet and some of her peers weren't capable of doing. Period.

She incorporated a variety of styles into her performing prime (some Janet, some Madonna, even some Sporty Spice and others) so you can't call her a clone.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived