Does Britney hate being Britney?: The last few public appearances by Britney before Domination

MyahJeanSpears

In hindsight, you could really tell there was something wrong, couldn't you?

Britney looks so uncomfortable and almost like she's in pain giving the ET interview or appearing in Ellen. I obviously have no idea what her diagnosis is, if any. From what I observe she is suffering from intense anxiety. But at the end of the day I almost feel like the cancellation of Domination was a blessing in disguise. Sis was NOT happy, I don't think she would have been able to sustain the show for the duration. She is barely allowed to speak in the last two clips, it seems. And she looks highly uncomfortable. What was going on around this time will always remain a mystery. But regardless I am almost relieved that she's had almost two years off. 

Honestly, if you were to tell me she were going to retire ASAP I would be kind of relieved. If being on camera or in front of a crowd causes her to be this petrified, its not good for her. I think she might need to find a new calling and occasionally record an album or a music video if she feels like it. Its uncomfortable to watch for sure. 

What do you think was going on with her during this era? Do you think it might be a matter of the meds not working or do you think she reached her limit with her restraints? To be honest, I feel like the further into her career she is the more she resents having to be "Britney". I'll always remember her face anytime someone mentioned her accomplishments on the X Factor awkward britney spears GIFbritney spears GIF

its almost like a trigger to whatever trauma she's gone through. 

I really think when it comes down to it, she really hates being famous. It will be interesting to see what she decides to do with her life once she is free. 

Sorry if this feels like random rambling. I just remember the other post, what I interpret her as saying "I don't want to be Britney anymore, it scares me..." 

I think there is some truth to that. 

What do you think she'll do once she's free? Will she continue in the industry in some form or another or will she go completely off the grid/have an early retirement? 

That "men's perfume" comment, tho... lol

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she hates it. I think more like she's tired and exhausted with everything going on in her life. I genuinely think she loves making music and performing. But there are times when even our passions or doing the things we love can get exhausting and we just want to get away from it for a while (or a few years). :mhm:

I don't think she hates Being Britney, She just hates The celebrity factor and Hollywood scene..

She always seemed on stage she's Britney Spears. But off stage she's Britney Jean from Kentwood, Louisiana.

I watched a BBC documentary on swedish Pop music..

They talked about her.

Jeannette a background vocalist for songs on her first two albums.

Said we never thought she was going to be this Massive, she was just an average looking girl, glasses and kinda nerdy. 

Not what you expect for a pop phenom. She was completely the opposite of the marketing image they used. 

But once we saw the video for ...baby one more time.  The girl we met was Britney Jean, the girl the world met was Britney Spears. She basically created the pop star image while maintaining Britney Jean through her beautiful images and everything. 

What you saw on TV was Britney Spears, when you heard her talk was Britney Jean. 

But they really tried to destroy the essence of Britney Jean and what happened to her is one of the biggest industry darkest secrets. Take advantage of someone naive and Kind, and just use to anybody's  own advantage points..

I would turn my back to if I ended up being treated like her. 

I totally agree. I’ve been thinking about this since the Femme Fatale era and now rewatching Circus era interviews and especially FTR i think she has a big trauma bc of all the damage and bullying she suffered for so many years. Britney’s been a target for the media and gp since like 2003. It’s totally understandable and I would support her retirement if that’s what makes her happy

We’ve known for years that she wants to be a normal person with a normal life. Unfortunately she also happens to be one of the biggest pop stars in history. I think she has days where she loves being a celebrity and days when she wants nothing to do with it. I truly believe before Domination was cancelled she was just over it and ready for a break, that’s it :yaknow:

40 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

I don't think she hates it. I think more like she's tired and exhausted with everything going on in her life. I genuinely think she loves making music and performing. But there are times when even our passions or doing the things we love can get exhausting and we just want to get away from it for a while (or a few years). :mhm:

Thisss!!!!!!!!!!

She Just annoying of dealing with her family when she opened her eyes sooooooooooooooooooooo many time ago...

I think she might have PTSD from the entertainment industry, and suffering from a severe anxiety and social anxiety at least. I don’t know if she really suffers from anything else but the anxiety is very obvious, you don’t need to be a psychologist to know Britney suffers form significant anxiety.

You could tell she was over it the moment she lost control over her own (personal) life. 

How can you be passionate about your career, etc. when you don’t even have autonomy? Forcing yourself to go through the motions is exhausting, could you imagine going through it for 12 years? It’s no wonder she’s just been a shell of her former self and a ball of anxiety most of the time. 

I think all she ever wanted to be was Britney. They put her in this fictional perfect virginal box. I’ll support her in whatever she decides to do as long as she’s the one deciding but I feel like when she gets out of the cship or has restrictions lifted that she’s comfortable with she’ll return with a vengeance and be completely authentically herself and I’ll be here for it 

I believe Jamie when he says that Britney is manipulative.

But I also believe he is as well.

I think he uses the boys to manipulate her into working, so she uses work to manipulate her way into what she wants personally.

I think she put her foot down with Domination and refused to play their game. And she kept her foot down this time.

Archived