TAYLOR SWIFT IS A QUEEN

39 minutes ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Shes a great singer, funny how a britney stan is coming for anybody elses singing, she can sing circles around. Celine is a vocal legend.

Adele's technique has been criticized constantly. Just because her voice is deep doesn't mean she's the second-coming of Whitney Houston. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Before you talk about writing, I'd love to see ANYONE compose a song like Everytime or Someday (I Will Understand). Britney has a knack for writing beautiful ballads.

Britney was hired on an Off-Broadway show before she was even 13, at a point in her life, she was shaping up to become a great singer and you will deal with it :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Plus Britney got famous because of her music and dance moves so I really don't know what you were talking about. If Britney wasn't such a great dancer, she would have been a one-hit-wonder because she wouldn't have captivated people the same way. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Love 2
On 7/26/2020 at 5:51 PM, Corso said:

I literally think her songs sound like pages torn from a teenagers diary, which may have worked 10 years ago, but she’s a grown azz woman now. I don’t think her songs are particularly skilful or well written at all.

And her voice is pretty terrible. She’s a better singer than Katy Perry, I’ll grant you, but that isn’t that difficult to be honest.

She’s just so basic on every level.

Pumpkin Spice Video GIF by Starbucks

I totally agree. I always used to say Wtf is the "amazing lyrics" these people see? The fan fav All Too Well is, lyrically, a generic ballad. Now, vocally, I disagree. I do think Katy can do much more with her voice than Taylor. Taylor is a melodic speaker, not a singer. 

Still, with all that said, I can't deny I was totally blown away by the beauty, intricacy and simultaneous simplicity of Folklore and Evermore. This was the first time ever that I said, wow, she truly shined in those two projects. Anything before that is OK. 1989 was a solid pop record, but nothing for the ages. 

3 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Adele's technique has been criticized constantly. Just because her voice is deep doesn't mean she's the second-coming of Whitney Houston. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Before you talk about writing, I'd love to see ANYONE compose a song like Everytime or Someday (I Will Understand). Britney has a knack for writing beautiful ballads.

Britney was hired on an Off-Broadway show before she was even 13, at a point in her life, she was shaping up to become a great singer and you will deal with it :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Plus Britney got famous because of her music and dance moves so I really don't know what you were talking about. If Britney wasn't such a great dancer, she would have been a one-hit-wonder because she wouldn't have captivated people the same way. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

P.R.E.A.C.H K.I.N.G :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 2
6 hours ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Nope, 21 sold more and is more critically acclaimed. All you can jump to is sales because you know your fave can't outsing them or outwrite. baby did not outsell their whole discography either and a simple search will show this.

21 barely DIDN'T outsell BOMT. They both are around the 30 million figures but the last time BOMT was certified was back in 2005 but was already around 28 million in 2011 so it is unfair to say Adele's 21 numbers outsold when they are still getting certified to this day (By MediaTraffic) when the last time Britney had it was 2 decades and half ago. BOMT could probably be over 35 million at the point :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Also, I would love to point out that Adele was able to reach such monumental sales since 21...whether you like it or not has multi-generational appeal since its just sad ballad music, which can even appeal to people over the age of 65 which also increases further more sales. Adele had social media also to promote her work. In Brit's time, the three or four things she had were MTV, TRL, news interviews and award performances. Yet, she still has not 1 but 2 records with over 25 million sales :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

Did you really try and put Britney in the same ranks as Celine madonna and ADELE? :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

Yess because the influence and impact she has had onto this generation of pop stars puts her in that league :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

PLEASEEE They've both outsold Britney and are better singers and writers (adele) than shell ever be

You are literally bringing up the most irrelevant points. Celine Dion and Britney both appeal very to different demographics, there is no room for comparing even their vocals. The generation that loves Celine Dion prefer more mellow beats and roaring vocals. Whereas, the generation that loves Britney love the production, visuals and impact behind a record. Vocals do not even come to question :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

Lol you have no other argument, Adele has a huge fanbase, that's why shes sold over 100 million records with only 3 albums. that's why Celine's touring numbers are higher. 

Lol sit down. Adele has sold 61.8 million albums, not a 100 million Ms. Clowny. With Britney's 4th album she managed to sell around 10-11 million copies of her album and considering how the album sales market has declined to a point where even pops megasellers like Taylor are selling only 3 million units, the max Adele is going to reach is over 5-7 million :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:

5 hours ago, exposingmediocrity said:

Lol adele didn't need outifts to define her career. She needed talent, she got famous purely off of talent, britney on the other hand ...

Don't be delusional sweaty. Glam, Extravaganza and Visuals were the needful and expected of pop stars especially for the female stars in Britney's time. When you look at all pop stars you will notice that they will have a definitive out. Madonna's Like A Virgin wedding dress, Lady Gaga's meat outfit, Michael Jackson's leather jackout and diamond embedded-gloves, Prince OTT outfits, Beyonce's single ladies outfit, Nicki Minaj Pink Friday era fashion (Am I right @Style.?) , Billie Eilish baggy fashion, Miley Cyrus Bangerz era clothing and so much more points I can pull out. 

Visuals ARE part of a pop star. So it does not really become a minus point for Britney but in fact a brownie point, because not only does she have an instantly recognizable videography, but Britney even has given the concepts for those videos as well. Baby One More Time, Oops! I Did It Again, Toxic, Womanizer...all these iconic videos concepts have been made from Britney and you do not have to take MY word for it. A "simple google search" will display it to you :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food: 

Also Britney too needed talent in order to get where she was and if she wouldn't have had it, she would have pretty much been a one-hit wonder. Britney covered a WHITNEY HOUSTON song for her demo to Jive. And heres a thing or two of Britney's pre-1998 vocals, is that she has an amazing voice:

Also, Britney has always been praised as a fantastic dancer and even though she does not dance the way she used too, Primeney was the best dancer out of all pop girls that were reigning at the time. Britney co-wrote 11 of the tracks in the In The Zone album and was the executive producer of Blackout, and these two records ultimately coincide with being her most critically acclaimed and impactful records :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: Also, Britney has written many of the deep cuts found in her albums and even wrote and COMPOSED "Everytime" which is often seen as Britney's best ballad and even wrote Someday (I Will Understand). Britney has proven many times of all the talents she holds but you and the GP as otherwise will pay no heed to it :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:  So sit down Xtincta stan :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

ultimately coincide with being her most critically acclaimed and impactful records :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: 

Don't forget she wrote Dear Diary on Oops!...I Did It Again her actual most critically acclaimed album according to metacritic but let me try not to derail this thread one of the best selling albums of this century. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

She also allegedly assisted in selecting the beats for Oops!...I Did It Again (album), I say allegedly because the source is reliable but it's unclear as to whether or not they're referring to ...Baby One More Time or Oops!...I Did it Again. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

• Love 1

Yeah, I would agree. She has very average looks, no personality, her songs sound like they're for tweens and teens, she's a try-hard in her videos, her performances aren't good, and she doesn't have a stellar voice. I guess her parents bought her career though, didn't they? But I have no idea why she's so successful. I can see her having success/fame but not selling out stadium tours fame. It doesn't make sense to me. But I have my opinions about her fans.

What I dislike the most about her though is that she's immature and vindictive. She's a mean girl. And it's shocking that people let her get away with it every single time and continue to support her despite her being spiteful and negative all the time. She always has beef with someone and is always trying to call someone out. Yet people don't call her out. She doesn't have to put every person she comes into contact with on public blast. It's's so petty.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

I actually do get the hype because she writes very well , her lyrics are so simple but genius almost. She is so clever with her image, she never over sings, knows her audience so well and so on. And I have watched some of her concerts (particularly a smaller one she did at a college in 2011 or something) and it's not my type at all but she was amazing the way she connected with the audience. 

The only thing that is a bit strange is that although she obviously very mature and professional..a lot of her songs are still teenager type songs. It's not shocking though because a lot of popular singers do this. They sing about stuff that immature teenagers or young adults would. She clearly is not either and hasn't been for a decade. But it works for her.  No offense to her, I think she is amazing.

On 1/31/2021 at 11:27 PM, PickleSpears said:

Yeah, I would agree. She has very average looks, no personality, her songs sound like they're for tweens and teens, she's a try-hard in her videos, her performances aren't good, and she doesn't have a stellar voice. I guess her parents bought her career though, didn't they? But I have no idea why she's so successful. I can see her having success/fame but not selling out stadium tours fame. It doesn't make sense to me. But I have my opinions about her fans.

What I dislike the most about her though is that she's immature and vindictive. She's a mean girl. And it's shocking that people let her get away with it every single time and continue to support her despite her being spiteful and negative all the time. She always has beef with someone and is always trying to call someone out. Yet people don't call her out. She doesn't have to put every person she comes into contact with on public blast. She's so petty.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block