If Britney release a SURPRISE ALBUM in future

Eda

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If she’s out of the conservatorship it’s go number 1 easily. If she’s still in the cship she’d have to really convince us that she truly supports it because if not we’ll be of the opinion that forced her to do it. I do believe she’s loving this time off and it’s well deserved this is literally the first real break she’s had in over 20 years, but I don’t think she’ll retire quite yet because I think she genuinely loves what she does but really needed time to miss it and get inspired again 

My prediction/hope (assuming she gets free) is that she will release one final album that will be toured. I don’t see her doing heavy promotion for it, but I think it will sell higher than glory (around150k-200k). What the content of the album will be? Who knows, I would love a personal angry album from her that vents on her experiences in the industry and her family. After a successful tour, I think she will become a Tina Turner type of figure that only pops up around a year for a special thing. Otherwise she will be living a private life as best she can.

Let's be realistic. It would flop but I can be wrong. I just want to see Britney with successful album again. It's been 9 since Britney occupied the top of Billboard Hot 100 :crying2: Her stupid team / RCA needs to do huge promo for her second comeback :mhm: Britney needs to teach the new girls how to do pop :shadelaugh:

If she’s free and the album is a personal introspective tell all, I could definitely see it hitting over 100k and debuting at #1. The controversy and hype around it would be huge. Not to Circus levels, but still respectable.

However if it’s just another album of dance pop songs about *** that she’s forced to release it will flop badly. No one is interested in  Toxic 9.0

The reason ITZ and Blackout, even Circus to a degree, are so good is because they had personality. What was happening in her life was reflected in the songs. Not only that, the music style at the time was relevant. Hip hop was big during ITZ, the Timbaland urban dance sound was big during Blackout, and Circus was at the start of the Lady Gaga/Katy Perry/Dr Luke pop sound.

One of the things I love about artists like Madonna, Kylie and Taylor is that they take risks. They work with new people and experiment with their sound.  Britney no longer does that (I get the feeling the reason is because she tries to and it gets changed by her label and team, considering we know the things she often says at the beginning of recording about the style and theme never eventuate. She’s given up.)

I don't think the current Britney is the type of artists that could pull off a successful surprise release. In other words, the first week sale would be the same as her previous albums, around 70-100k total numbers including streaming. Those numbers represent her fanbase. She doesn't attract public attention music-wise anymore after 2010, no matter how much press promotions she did for the albums. 

7 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

I don't think the current Britney is the type of artists that could pull off a successful surprise release. In other words, the first week sale would be the same as her previous albums, around 70-100k total numbers including streaming. Those numbers represent her fanbase. She doesn't attract public attention music-wise anymore after 2010, no matter how much press promotions she did for the albums. 

This. She has never been respected or even seen as an artist by the GP.  No one really takes her seriously, she's pretty much seen as a pop commercial american product.

The only way she could break this image is (if she's out of the Cship of course, otherwise it will never happen) she decides to participate into a musical project from A to Z and shows real artistry quality in it plus of course sings in her real voice, then maybe she could gain some respect.

Just now, igmate said:

This. She has never been respected or even seen as an artist by the GP.  No one really takes her seriously, she's pretty much seen as a pop commercial american product.

The only way she could break this image is (if she's out of the Cship of course, otherwise it will never happen) she decides to participate into a musical project from A to Z and shows real artistry quality in it plus of course sings in her real voice, then maybe she could gain some respect.

Agreed. 

She needs to release a good album with meaningful lyrics that shows her real artistry, changes public's opinions on her completely, wins some awards, does some deep interviews, basically transforms herself to Beyonce. Then the next album, maybe she could pull off a surprise release. 

Archived