Judge said the words: "a violation of civil rights" in the last hearing

Yoongi

4 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Thank you for pointing this out. This is what I feel, too. And that's why I think downplaying this photo and removing it is not right.

It feels so wrong and evasive and will do more harm than good. Britney is going through enough right now. We all mean well but court matters need to stay in court. One misheard word from listening through a door can cause a whole lot of damage. 

it’s like some of y’all never played the telephone game as a kid. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
4 minutes ago, Yoongi said:

Done!

I respect that. Roxxy removed it, I added it back in and Roxxy and I talked about it behind-the-scenes. It was my choice to add it back in and give you the opportunity to edit your post how you see fit. 

If we start editing members' posts because others are uncomfortable.... that could become extremely problematic. Now that you've edited the photo out, I won't add it back in. 

I want Exhalers to feel comfortable knowing their posts won't be censored (unless of course it overtly breaks one of our rules). 🙏 @Yoongi

8 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Some of you are so hypocrits. Thanks to the fans who didn't care about her (Jamie Spears/Lou Taylor) "privacy" we found out about the **** behind her conservatorship. You're attacking those fans who did it to inform us, they are not like media who wants to take advance of the info, they don't have a gossip site and leak the info for clicks, they didn't ask for money. They did it to give us information.

Britney is asking for help (not privacy) and you're attacking the people who are helping :oprah:

Britney is not asking for OUR help. That is simply fan fiction. Our help would be making noise so her case is heard which is what we have done and continue to do on our own accords. 

14 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I agree that the picture looks bad, and it's because it is. It doesn't feel right to me to pretend it didn't happen. 

Removing a photo of fans listening in on a court hearing is what happened that day.

Now, we're going to try and paint a different picture because it puts the #FreeBritney movement/supporters in a negative light? To me, that feels like propaganda. It's exactly what the pro-conservatorship people are accused of doing. 

I'm not saying 'let's throw Britney fans under the bus and make them look bad' by ANY means. What I am saying is: I want Exhale to serve as a place that offers ALL sides to the story, not just the narrative we want to push because it better suits our own agenda. 

People make mistakes. These fans made a mistake and it was captured. By removing the photo and downplaying it, we're also 1.)  removing the opportunity for us all to learn a valuable lesson and 2.) saying that what happened is OK when imo it isn't.

I'm aware that I will be dragged for this, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I'd like to continue to have a dialogue about the #FreeBritney movement, even if it's uncomfortable and opposes others' views. If we all start conforming, zero progress will be made. That is why Exhale exists: for people to express themselves, (including me ). I don't want members living in fear they'll be judged and ridiculed for doing so. 

I deleted the pic now I dont know what to do!

I understand your point of view but I dont think its fair to judge these fans. 

The #FreeBritney just exists because we are investigating Britney's life and court's corruption. The BritneyGram's was a privacy violation. Your source telling you about what happened on the hearing was a privacy violation. 

Why are we judging only these three fans while we are all doing the sane thing?

Also, I dont think they have the right to get privacy when civil rights are being violated! If we wanna help Britney, we have to investigate.

Hear through the door or get a inside information are the same thing.

About the pic: its your decision, I dont know really...

2 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I respect that. Roxxy removed it, I added it back in and Roxxy and I talked about it behind-the-scenes. It was my choice to add it back in and give you the opportunity to edit your post how you see fit. 

If we start editing members' posts because others are uncomfortable.... that could become extremely problematic. Now that you've edited the photo out, I won't add it back in. 

I want Exhalers to feel comfortable knowing their posts won't be censored (unless of course it overtly breaks one of our rules). 🙏 @Yoongi

Ok! Thank you Jordan!

• Leader
1 minute ago, Yoongi said:

I deleted the pic now I dont know what to do!

I understand your point of view but I dont think its fair to judge these fans. 

The #FreeBritney just exists because we are investigating Britney's life and court's corruption. The BritneyGram's was a privacy violation. Your source telling you about what happened on the hearing was a privacy violation. 

Why are we judging only these three fans while we are all doing the sane thing?

Also, I dont think they have the right to get privacy when civil rights are being violated! If we wanna help Britney, we have to investigate.

Hear through the door or get a inside information are the same thing.

About the pic: its your decision, I dont know really...

Ultimately, having the photo in or out of your post is your decision. 

I will say I disagree with this "I dont think they have the right to get privacy when civil rights are being violated! If we wanna help Britney, we have to investigate."

It's possible to help Britney AND also not violate her right to legal privacy. 

3 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

Britney is not asking for OUR help. That is simply fan fiction. Our help would be making noise so her case is heard which is what we have done and continue to do. 

The movement is helping her, without the fan noise and the "fan fiction" she would stuck in the same **** that she is been stuck since 2009. What's your point?

4 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I agree that the picture looks bad, and it's because it is. It doesn't feel right to me to pretend it didn't happen. 

Removing a photo of fans listening in on a court hearing is what happened that day.

Now, we're going to try and paint a different picture because it puts the #FreeBritney movement/supporters in a negative light? To me, that feels like propaganda. It's exactly what the pro-conservatorship people are accused of doing. 

I'm not saying 'let's throw Britney fans under the bus and make them look bad' by ANY means. What I am saying is: I want Exhale to serve as a place that offers ALL sides to the story, not just the narrative we want to push because it better suits our own agenda. 

People make mistakes. These fans made a mistake and it was captured. By removing the photo and downplaying it, we're also 1.)  removing the opportunity for us all to learn a valuable lesson and 2.) saying that what happened is OK when imo it isn't.

I'm aware that I will be dragged for this, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. I'd like to continue to have a dialogue about the #FreeBritney movement, even if it's uncomfortable and opposes others' views. If we all start conforming, zero progress will be made. That is why Exhale exists: for people to express themselves, (including me ). I don't want members living in fear they'll be judged and ridiculed for doing so. 

What about all the valuable lessons we missed out on when you erased any and all content YOU disagreed with.  :tiffeyeroll:

Propaganda would be leaving that picture up because the whole fanbase will be blamed for the sins of a few. And you know that picture will become the face of FB if it gets into the wrong hands. 

We want it removed because it doesn’t reflect #FreeBritney supporters as a whole. And most of us do not condone that. 

I asked them if they’d remove it and they did. Not my fault that they came to their senses and made a good decision.  :explainlol:

• Leader
Just now, EasyThere said:

Exactly. Hence why I said hypocrisy jumped out. Us fans should protect FreeBritney movement every way we can. Yes ppl do questionable things. But the other site does evil things every day to Britney herself. And they do questionable things to this movement as well.

Just because other sites do evil things or whatever... to me that's irrelevant. We can't control what TMZ or other sites do. Exhale can be an example for others to follow, however. That we CAN control. 

And I disagree that we "should protect FreeBritney movement every way we can." 

To me, that's very reckless and lacks intention. For every action there is a consequence. We're basically looking the other way when fans do this and to me it's not right. 

3 minutes ago, CripplerCrossface said:

The movement is helping her, without the fan noise and the "fan fiction" she would stuck in the same **** that she is been stuck since 2009. What's your point?

At no point did I say we should stop the movement. I said ease dropping on private court sessions is wrong and oversteps boundaries. Saying it’s ok bc her team exploits her is ridiculous. Two wrongs don’t make something ok. 

1 minute ago, C0CKy said:

What about all the valuable lessons we missed out on when you erased any and all content YOU disagreed with.  :tiffeyeroll:

Propaganda would be leaving that picture up because the whole fanbase will be blamed for the sins of a few. And you know that picture will become the face of FB if it gets into the wrong hands. 

We want it removed because it doesn’t reflect #FreeBritney supporters as a whole. And most of us do not condone that. 

I asked them if they’d remove it and they did. Not my fault that they came to their senses and made a good decision.  :explainlol:

I understand both points of view.

I removed it because I dont want to see the pic fans being dragged. They had the best intentions at that moment.

Like I said: why judge them while we get "inside" tips about the hearing? Whats the difference?

Anyway I see how the picture can be used against us. I dont agree but I understand it.

• Leader
3 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Can you be more specific? Because I don't ever do this. It's my fundamental belief to allow people to express themselves freely. 

4 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

We just have different outlooks on what propaganda is then. 

5 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

I agree. It doesn't reflect #FreeBritney supporters as a whole. But it still happened. It's a hit that we should learn from, not run away. 

5 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

And I respect that and I won't add it back in. 

3 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Just because other sites do evil things or whatever... to me that's irrelevant. We can't control what TMZ or other sites do. Exhale can be an example for others to follow, however. That we CAN control. 

To me, that's very reckless and lacks intention. For every action there is a consequence. We're basically looking the other way when fans do this and to me it's not right. 

You can’t argue with these kids Jordan. Not worth it. 

• Leader
3 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

The way he panics whenever Team Spears is dragged (even over edits that are harmless essentially) speaks for itself.

:imacoolmom:

It has nothing to do with defending Team Spears. It has to do with wanting Exhale to draw a line in the sand where we don't belittle people. It's called having compassion for people even if they're doing something unjust and wrong. It's possible to express those emotions AND not agree with the conservatorship and its dealings. 

• Leader
3 minutes ago, EasyThere said:

TMZ already tried to blame us for Britneys connection problems. You know her team is panicking and will do anything to smash this movement 

Let them panic then. Let TMZ write their trash. Doesn't mean we need to go low. People are smart. They're not going to read some garbage TMZ writes and believe it. 

• Leader
6 minutes ago, Yoongi said:

I removed it because I dont want to see the pic fans being dragged. They had the best intentions at that moment.

I agree they had good intentions. Thing is, Britney's conservatorship team... they're saying the same exact thing about themselves. That's why this ordeal is going round and round and round and round. I'm not defending team con. I just think everyone is unwilling to bend and in the process it's keeping Britney stuck. #FreeBritney is such an amazing and inspiring movement, but like ALL things in life... there's always the other side of the coin. That picture is a prime example. 

7 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

6 minutes ago, PZHSB said:

At no point did I say we should stop the movement. I said ease dropping on private court sessions is wrong and oversteps boundaries. Saying it’s ok bc her team exploits her is ridiculous. Two wrongs don’t make something ok. 

Ok guys, how we can help the movement without violating James and Louise' privacy, sorry Britney's privacy?

You need to remember that show court documents, information from close sources, and other stuff that help the movement to go viral is a violation of privacy

So, I want to hear you

Archived