A theory: Britney did a lousy job on Britney Jean on purpose cause she didn't like where it was going

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's a funny theory you have there.

I don't know what listening party you talk about (I suppose the Ryan Seacrest interview) but at the actual listening party with Andy Cohen (the one we see on I am Britney Jean) the only thing she said was that she felt awkward to just be listening to the record instead of performing. Jordan was there, and this is what he had to say about it:

• She says she went through a lot this year with her breakup with Jason Trawick, and “Perfume” is a great reflection of that.
  • Britney whispered to Andy that’s her favorite track off the album! She says fans can relate to “Alien” because sometimes we all feel “alienated, shy, or nervous.”
  • Probably the most impressive track of the night was “Tik Tik Boom” featuring T.I. and produced by Antony Preston – you could definitely see Britney’s face light up during this song as she shook her shoulders; Will.I.Am could not sit still through it.

that sounds far from being disappointed with the direction of the album

Maybe in the Ryan Seacrest interview she seems more serious, because she was tired. That same day she had the listening party, the Ryan Seacrest interview and the ET interview

640_britney_131125.jpg?itok=QfC_EiOR

andy-cohen-600-1.jpg&q=85

36F10E7A00000578-3727088-image-a-14_1470

seems like it was a long day for her

Y'all always fantasize about Britney not liking this album or being completely detached to it "because she didn't even record it" (despite the millions of pictures of her going to the studio that year) but across the multiple interviews she did that year, she talked a lot about the album, even explaining the meaning of specific songs, something she's rarely done for other albums.

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't know what listening party you talk about (I suppose the Ryan Seacrest interview) but at the actual listening party with Andy Cohen (the one we see on I am Britney Jean) the only thing she said was that she felt awkward to just be listening to the record instead of performing. Jordan was there, and this is what he had to say about it:

Maybe in the Ryan Seacrest interview she seems more serious, because she was tired. That same day she had the listening party, the Ryan Seacrest interview and the ET interview

Y'all always fantasize about Britney not liking this album or being completely detached to it "because she didn't even record it" (despite the millions of pictures of her going to the studio that year) but across the multiple interviews she did that year, she talked a lot about the album, even explaining the meaning of specific songs, something she's rarely done for other albums.

She still could have liked some songs without liking the whole album, plus I only ever said it is a theory.

5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Of course she explained the meaning of the songs if asked....

So why do you think Britney let it happen that there were not always her vocals on the songs?

Personally while I don't think she likes the album a whole lot she definitely did not intentionally do a lousy job during the recording process. There's pictures of her going into the studio leading up to the album and everyone that's worked with her in the studio talks about how professional she is. I honestly think the album didn't sound good purely because Will.i.am messed up on the vocal production and layering of the songs, my guess is he accidentally used more Myah vocals than he should have :sickofu:

1 minute ago, BlackoutInTheCircus said:

Personally while I don't think she likes the album a whole lot she definitely did not intentionally do a lousy job during the recording process. There's pictures of her going into the studio leading up to the album and everyone that's worked with her in the studio talks about how professional she is. I honestly think the album didn't sound good purely because Will.i.am messed up on the vocal production and layering of the songs, my guess is he accidentally used more Myah vocals than he should have :sickofu:

It is funny because I mean both of them know how to make a good album

@PokemonSpears Also: i presented my theory as theory while we can't know for sure and you almost tried to come across as you knew a hundred percent

that's why it is a theory - we don't know

sometimes it is even true that interviews are put out in a certain manner where of course the things aren't always said that directly. interviews are controlled. she can't just say she don't like the album even if she doesn't

it might have been as well that she wasn't satisfied with the album and tried to make the best possible out of it she could

There was nothing wrong with what Britney herself did on BJ, it all came down to sloppy production, which I believe occurred due to time restraints. The songs were unfinished. It was pretty obvious that songs like Body Ache we’re still using the vocal track from the demo. 

We got what we wanted with BJ. After FF everyone said they wanted “personal” songs from Britney, even if it meant the album wasn’t as successful. We got songs like Alien and Perfume that were clearly personal to her, but still fans weren’t happy. If Perfume ended up being a Wrecking Ball sized hit (which is clearly what they were going for), this fan base would praise it to death.

Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it. 

She didn't care about it but no she didn't **** it up on purpose, you have to thank Will iam for that he's just rubish.

Now can you blame Britney for not giving a ****? Of course not, she's abused by her handlers and has no say in anything. 

18 hours ago, Trentals said:

There was nothing wrong with what Britney herself did on BJ, it all came down to sloppy production, which I believe occurred due to time restraints. The songs were unfinished. It was pretty obvious that songs like Body Ache we’re still using the vocal track from the demo. 

We got what we wanted with BJ. After FF everyone said they wanted “personal” songs from Britney, even if it meant the album wasn’t as successful. We got songs like Alien and Perfume that were clearly personal to her, but still fans weren’t happy. If Perfume ended up being a Wrecking Ball sized hit (which is clearly what they were going for), this fan base would praise it to death.

Be careful what you wish for cause you just might get it. 

Um, no.

The album changed direction after Will was put in charge, meaning a conversation was had about banking on EDM; after the statements "most personal album" and "blackout 2.0" were said. They kept those statements knowing that wasnt the album being promoted.

It's clear from the IABJ documentary that there was no effort put into recording because for atleast five months before release, vegas was the priority. We literally see her "writing" music but at no point singing. 

Its clear that once the direction changed, Britney checked out and refused to do more than three takes for songs, because it was coming out if her personal time.

To say "you got what you wanted" is a joke; people didnt want an album full of rushed EDM "bangers" in 2013, they wanted britney to do rnb and urban sounds that were  trending then, and open up a little.

A personal album doesnt have a ghost singer for 70% of its leads

Archived