Smashmouth calls Taylor Swift's new album "borelore"

• Leader

Smashmouth, who have maybe two hits to their name, threw shade at Taylor Swift's new album folklore.

They called it "borelore." :tiffeyeroll: 

Not gonna lie it's kind of funny, but they're completely irrelevant and folklore is absolutely stunning so the backlash they're getting from Swifties is deserved. 

Do you find folklore boring, Exhale?

smashmouth.jpg.ecf2dde8ead5376f3d0dd31142b600a5.jpg

Related:

• Haha 7

I have no comment on Taylor, haven’t checked it out, never been a Taylor fan but man do I feel old when I hear people talk about Smashmouth as the “Shrek band”....All Star was a jam in elementary school around the same time as Baby One More Time. I guess I’m in my 30’s it’s bound to happen lol

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I will never understand, and more so, never excuse, people trying to discredit someone's art. 
If it's not their cup of tea, well then don't listen to it, right? It only makes sense. 
(If someone is lactose, they know to skip on milk each time.)

What irks me more than anything is when a man feels the need to voice his option that one one even considers on a woman's work. And unfortunately we know that this will not be the last that we see of this. 

• Love 3

Oof. I struggle with these things because I AM a Taylor fan. However, I think free speech exists for a reason. It's just kind of idiotic to voice this opinion on a public platform when a ton of people love her. They have the right to post their opinion, but other people have the right to drag them or cancel them. That's how free speech works. I love the jokes and comments though slamming Smash Mouth because that is HILARIOUS. 

I truly love the album. Stream folklore for clear skin! :praisega:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block