The "connection error" story is untrue. Here's what actually happened at Britney Spears' conservatorship hearing

That story actually sounds credible and much more believable than the whole "her wifi wasn't working" thing, which I never really bought in the first place.Β However, it does makeΒ them look kind of... amateurish? Like you would think that for important things like court casesΒ they'd use some kind of secure platform where they have control over who participates in the meeting and who doesn't? Couldn't they just block those people or create a new video call with a new access code or something?Β :decisions:

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
50 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

Thanks for sharing this. I simply can't comprehend it. Why do they need to reschedule it for another month because four people were being unprofessional? I don't get it.Β :rupaulslap:

Probably because they deal with multiple cases and hearings that have also been scheduled in advance... and then trying to coordinate when everyone who is supposed to be present at the hearing can attend again... it’s unfortunate but makes sense.

33 minutes ago, Codemysta90 said:

Why isn’t she just appearing in the courts in person to deal with her case more efficiently? What is stopping her? ThisΒ all just doesn’t seem to add up...tenor.gif?itemid=10785350

Β 

COVID-19 is really bad throughout Los Angeles County, so there are probably limits to how many people can assemble in one room. The LA court buildings have no open windows or circulation (I’ve served on a jury in a similar building down the street from where this hearing was taking place) so they probably want to limit who can be in the room... And in this case, they probably want to make sure Britney isn’t at risk of contracting COVID-19 herself...

I kinda believe this story.Β I teach English as a foreign language in secondary education. During the pandemic schools were closed here and we weren’t allowed to use Zoom or google meets because of security reasons, and the government of my region created a programe to distance work (learning, state issues, etc) it didn’t work very well and some of us switched to other apps although it was, supposedly, not allowed. Maybe it happens the same in the US, and they use a specific software for these events that it’s not as β€œeasy” as the ones we would use in our daily life. Maybe that way the judge couldn’t block themΒ Β 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, runpiggierun said:

This is bullsheet. If the judge wanted to have a private conversation with Britney and didn't want anybody to sneak in, they could have just created a new chat and required password to join in. I just don't believe a court does not know this simple technological fact.Β 

They did sayΒ yesterday she tried to get techs in to fix a problem,Β I’m sure she’s not computer savvy like our generation.Β 
Β 

plus the pandemic so it probably was hard to get a tech like on a regular normal dayΒ 

• Like 2