Knee pain help!!!

Hey everyone aside from Britney drama I was hoping some people on here may know a little about the body. 

So I use to run all the time and the past year I've been having pain on the outside of my knee when I run but it specifically hurts during the bending part of the running motion , like if you were trying to kick yourself in the butt. 

Been doing stretching but everytime I start to try to run it acts up again. Any ideas, I am forever grateful! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods

I also have problems with my knees that ive had since I was 12.

It also hurts when I do something very physical.

If you wanna still work out while having knee problems, you can always do water aerobics or anything in the water cause a physical

therapist told me it helps keep pressure off the knee and it doesnt have that much impact on it.

I would tell u to try that but then again due to this pandemic, we cant go swimming unless u have ur own pool

Well, I AM a physical therapist (Dr. Daddy if you're nasty), but obviously it's hard to say without actually seeing you and really getting a full rundown of everything. My instinct with this little, bare bones, information is hamstring strengthening. Possibly sprained the LCL. It's hard to say without coming into the office. 

working beavis and butthead GIF

22 hours ago, VCTR said:

Well, I AM a physical therapist (Dr. Daddy if you're nasty), but obviously it's hard to say without actually seeing you and really getting a full rundown of everything. My instinct with this little, bare bones, information is hamstring strengthening. Possibly sprained the LCL. It's hard to say without coming into the office. 

working beavis and butthead GIF

Thank you for the reply. I went to the doctors for it and he just told me to rest and stretch. Did that for months and tried to run again and it came right back.

I hurt my lower back pretty bad awhile back and always thought it was related to that, but having your doctor send you to get a x-ray seems pretty hard I guess due to insurance reasons. 

On 7/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, princessmimi said:

I also have problems with my knees that ive had since I was 12.

It also hurts when I do something very physical.

If you wanna still work out while having knee problems, you can always do water aerobics or anything in the water cause a physical

therapist told me it helps keep pressure off the knee and it doesnt have that much impact on it.

I would tell u to try that but then again due to this pandemic, we cant go swimming unless u have ur own pool

I know and normally I can do weight lifting but all the gyms around me are closed or have capacity restrictions. Cant wait for this to be over. 

Archived