Katy Perry delays "Smile" album release

• Leader

Katy Perry delayed her forthcoming album Smile by a couple of weeks.

It was originally scheduled to debut on August 14th, but due to production delays, it won't actually hit shelves now until August 28th.

Only a couple of weeks, but in 2020 that matters :didilie:

Katy confirmed the news:

Welp. I hate to throw this bad news at you like a pie in the face...but if there’s anything 2020 taught me, it’s to not get too attached to plans and be malleable. 

Due to unavoidable production delays, my album #SMILE will now be released ✌🏻weeks later on August 28 ☹️

To make this up to you, starting this Sunday (Aug 2) and until the album drops (or until #Babycat 🤰🏼...whichever comes first 🙃😬) join me for #SmileSundays! Every Sunday, time TBA soon, I’m going to go on LIVE for 30 minutes or more and talk all things 🙂SMILE🙂 you’ll see new merch... I’ll play some snippets... maybe we’ll go live together... we’ll def have a good chat!

Clowns-n-Cats - Thanks for being so flexible in this time... it’s a wild one, for sure, but I hope the patience will be worth the wait! ♥️🤡

Love, Katy

Related:

katy-delay.jpg.0736d570cfd24fc50694db074063c845.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Leader
5 minutes ago, K-man said:

I’m not surprised but at lease it’s a few weeks and not months or years (looking at you Meghan 🚂er). I’m curious if she’s still recording and why she pushed back the album because 6 singles in and no hit must be hard! 

Katy-Perry.gif

Wondering if it has anything to do with the physical format :yasqueen:

• Like 1

I think it has to do with the Fan edition (website exclusive) with all the singles and remixes, she didn't plan this one through. 

But hey she can pull a Fiona apple and release the album digitally on August 14 and the physical product later, cos after all who buys cds, or any physical product it's more of a collector's item anyway. 

I think it has something to do with the printing of Fan Edition and maybe main album.

Lana's poetry album comes out October 2 and digitally July 28. Corona makes it hard to print an album on time.

Maybe her pregnancy could be a reason too. The baby should've arrived a few weeks ago and maybe that's the reason she would delay it.

Imagine Katy would give birth on her release date!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

It appears Katy Perry is delaying her forthcoming album Smile by a couple of weeks.

It was originally scheduled to debut on August August 14th, but according to a couple of online retailers, it won't actually hit shelves now until August 28th.

Only a couple of weeks, but in 2020 that matters :didilie:

Katy hasn't confirmed the news just yet, so sit tight. 

Related:

katy-delay.jpg.0736d570cfd24fc50694db074063c845.jpg

she should cancel the release Lol

• Love 2
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block