Jamie Lynn talks about mental health: "If you deal with mental illness or care for someone dealing with mental illness, then you know how important it is to respect the situation with privacy for the person"

Jamie Lynn posted a quote from singer Halsey that talks about family suffering from mental health-related issues.

Halsey's quote appears to directly reference what Kanye West is going through. Here is the full quote from Halsey's Twitter:

No jokes right now. I have dedicated my career to offering education and insight about bipolar disorder and I’m so disturbed by what I’m seeing. Personal opinions about someone aside, a manic episode isnt a joke. If you can’t offer understanding or sympathy, offer your silence.

A lot of people you know probably have bipolar disorder and you aren’t aware of it. Taking this opportunity to make offensive remarks and villify people with mental illnesses is really not the way to go…this is the exact triggering **** that causes people to keep quiet about it

you can hate someone’s actions or opinions without contributing to stigma that damages an entire community of sometimes vulnerable people all for a couple of laughs.

If you wanna think someone is an *******, go ahead. Lots of people with mental illnesses are great. Lots of them are *********. Because they are people. With nuanced personalities. But making jokes specifically targeted towards bipolar hurts more than the 1 person ur angry with.

Sincerely, Human Being with a Decade Long Bipolar Diagnosis.

Jamie Lynn posted a bit of it on her Instagram, plus Tweets that talk about mental health. She's likely indirectly referencing her older sister's struggles. 

I checked some of the Tweets she has posted (cause I have nothing better to do on a Tuesday 🕵🏼) and some look as if they are directly talking about Brit! 

Thoughts?

Update: Britney's controversial business manager also posted about it.

Update: Jamie Lynn Spears responds to someone's comment on Instagram that she should speak on Britney's mental illness, saying:

"You have no right to assume anything about my sister, and I have NO right to speak about HER health and personal matters. She is a strong, badass, unstoppable woman, and that's the only thing that is OBVIOUS. 

jl.jpg.00be62bdb8cad129d31b5241c2f08e40.jpg

• Haha 4

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read a comment she just deleted: someone asked her when is she finally going to speak up about Britney's situation and she said that she is not willing to share anything that her sister hasn't shared first.

Did someone screenshot it?

• Love 2
  • Like 6
2 minutes ago, DanielRodes said:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read a comment she just deleted: someone asked her when is she finally going to speak up about Britney's situation and she said that she is not willing to share anything that her sister hasn't shared first.

Did someone screenshot it?

Willing to share?? Like having a choice?

Do they think that we are stupid?

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

Willing to share?? Like having a choice?

Do they think that we are stupid?

I don't remember if she worded it exactly the way I did, but that was the message. It implied that Britney does have something to say and that she is not going to speak for her if she doesn't want to.

• Like 1