Is It Wrong To Use Drag Slang and AAVE?

BONO Productions

Is it wrong To Use drag slang and AAVE if you're not black?

I got called out and "cancelled" on twitter because I used some aave words like "aint" and "chile" and at first I was shocked

because I thought those words were mainstream already on social media and I watch Rupaul Drag Race

and using that drag race  slang kinda feels empowering especially when you're being mocked because you're gay.

I immediately apologized because offending their race was not my intention and after that I quickly did some research but still those articles were vague.

So I'm posting this here. I hope black stans here can educate me regarding the AAVE usage. Please enlighten me. Thank you so much. :) 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I don’t care if you use AAVE. :)

Hide contents

I’m mixed, though, so I’m not really sure if my opinion is valid :forkit:

Ohh it's okay bub. :)  I really hope black stans here could educate me and explain the AAVE usage.

Being cancelled/called out on stan twitter is pretty traumatic :britdrown: I'm too anxious to log in again. :brityes:

Just now, Towelney said:

Was it that bad? :hideous:

I was trying to protect and defend some people from those edgy stans because were discrimated for their looks.

The problem is, I used the words "chile" and "aint" and other aave because I was too furious while typing my comebacks.

Somehow those edgy stans managed to change the narrative and they painted me as the bad guy for using AAVE and

they invalidated the fact that I was protecting people from getting bullied. :( 

Spoiler

I guess this is my reputation era. :riha:

giphy.gif

Twitter is a toxic environment

Anything you do on there can get you cancelled

Do whatever you want, talk however you want

Words dont "belong" to anybody, especially not non-offensive words.

Language is universal.

If some people have a problem with that fact, call them out for their racism.

Never apologize, it wont help you. Itll only fasten your downfall. Never give in to the outrage mob. You will regret it, guarenteed. Nothing you ever do will ever be enough. Ignore them and stick to your ideals.

17 hours ago, DonoDotto said:

Twitter is a toxic environment

Anything you do on there can get you cancelled

Do whatever you want, talk however you want

Words dont "belong" to anybody, especially not non-offensive words.

Language is universal.

If some people have a problem with that fact, call them out for their racism.

Never apologize, it wont help you. Itll only fasten your downfall. Never give in to the outrage mob. You will regret it, guarenteed. Nothing you ever do will ever be enough. Ignore them and stick to your ideals.

YOU JUST MADE ME CRY LIKE LITERALLY CRY :crying1:

Thank you so much.

I needed these words and you dont know how much this helped me. 

I've been having panic attacks lately because of what happened. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :katycry:

Archived