This Day in Pop: 'Outrageous' (single) is released in 2004 (July 20)

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

wasn't it gonna be Egypt themed?

omg yas i remember. Cleopatraney would have debuted much earlier. now that you mention it, i wonder if Boom Boom would have been remixed to an Egyptian sound (like what they did with GM and Boys in FFT).

we're really scratching old wounds here with what could have been with 2004ney :katycry:

• Like 1

Outrageous is my anthem, I would have loved to see the finished Dave Meyers video and also "Boom Boom" at the VMA's, etc. etc.

The song is incredible and for some reason Britney wanted it as the first single, although I still prefer "Me Against The Music".

In The Zone is the Queen's best album!! 

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

omg yas i remember. Cleopatraney would have debuted much earlier. now that you mention it, i wonder if Boom Boom would have been remixed to an Egyptian sound (like what they did with GM and Boys in FFT).

we're really scratching old wounds here with what could have been with 2004ney :katycry:

I think Outrageous and Boom Boom already have that African / Middle East / Asian vibe (tbh sounds like a mixture of many things) so I don't think they would've been that different, but surely they would have that "live" mix her other performances had

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

The only track she hated during this era but was forced to record thanks to Jive records signing a sponsorship deal with Catwoman, a movie that would flop, and sadly Be the end of female super hero movies and the end of Halle Berry's career in film, she went to tv, but her career couldn't recover from this disaster..

And it's one of her least streamed tracks of all time, part of it is Britney's hatred of it, cos after The onyx hotel tour, she hasn't performed it since then, but the other 3 songs she has..

And plus written by disgraced ped****e R. Kelly actually ruined this track as well. 

So in other words the track is doomed in the streaming era, as it will never be pushed thanks to R. Kelly. 

• Like 1

Also, in 2004, a version of this song was created for Mexican telenovela Rebelde, a "look-alike" of sorts due to copyright issues, an it was used in several episodes surrounding a dance competition, so this would be one of the songs the students in the telenovela would perform.

Braulio Abarca wrote the lyrics and produced it, and it's sung by an unidentified Puerto Rican singer. Earlier this year it finally leaked in full.

Several "rip off's" of other artists were made besides this song

• Like 1

This song killed the In the Zone era. :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:  

Its  fine , but not single material and after the knee accident I just despise it. This would never have happened if Jive and her team listened to her and released Breathe On Me as the 4th single as she wanted. They are so dumb, Toxic should have been part of the Catwoman ost not Outrageous. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, J45x said:

This song killed the In the Zone era. :beyfedup_beyonce_sunglasses_fed_up_annoyed_ok_wow_smh:  

Its  fine , but not single material and after the knee accident I just despise it. This would never have happened if Jive and her team listened to her and released Breathe On Me as the 4th single as she wanted. They are so dumb, Toxic should have been part of the Catwoman ost not Outrageous. 

Both "Toxic" and "Breathe on Me" could have helped Britney be considered a pioneer in the Euro dance boom that would have become huge in 2009, unfortunately Feedback by Janet Jackson gets overlooked cos of how her career was cancelled before cancel culture became a thing. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 7/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, princessmimi said:

That would've been awesome! She should have focused on that instead of getting with that gold digging loser T_T

if she only knew their involvelment would cause so much trouble she wouldve kicked and performed the whole in the zone album at the vmas beyonce mini concert style lol

• Like 1