This Day in Pop: 'Outrageous' (single) is released in 2004 (July 20)

11 minutes ago, Itachi said:

i was still upset she did not complete it. i was like beetch we can wait for 5 months for you to heal just complete the video. but no, instead we got MP 2 months later :decisions: i guess she was really over it and did not one want to release the song and continue the era.

does anyone know what shooting day she was injured? like day 1 day 2? cause i remember an article with Larry saying they can find a way to create a video from all the footage shot. even the dance scenes had multiple takes i believe, so i strongly believe the reason they scrap this is because Britney was really over it

I believe it was first day of shooting, back in 2014 some fans asked Dave Meyers on Facebook (I think it was @BrittonJeanSpears ) about it, he said this

Was that 10 years ago? wow. I asked snoop to be in the video. It was an extra cost for the studio that they didn’t want to pay, but britney loved the idea. The inclusion was simple in that snoop was the “dog father” and we were doing Britney as a version of “cat woman”. There was no version with him rapping on the song. NO halle was never meant to be in the video. Britney not doing cat woman as seen in the movie, but channeling the essence of that character. There was only two scenes filmed, the snoop one, and the beginning of a dance that she hurt herself on in take one. And the video died at that moment. The script I don’t recall fully but it centered around Britney prowling the streets of New York as an interpretation of Catwoman, Britney style.

So basically, they didn't have enough footage for a video.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I believe it was first day of shooting, back in 2014 some fans asked Dave Meyers on Facebook (I think it was @BrittonJeanSpears ) about it, he said this

so if the snoop scenes were the 3rd chorus and the bridge, and the dance scenes were the final choruses, what's missing are the intro through the 2nd verse. :mhmnod: but she had that trench coat still that we never saw in the released footage.

i feel like they will release a "more complete" edited video once she retires

• Like 1

The song is cute and all but it’s not one of the best songs on In the Zone and was never going to work as a single imo. Can’t believe Jive wanted it as the lead single.

kinda ironic that Britney didn’t like this song and she injures her knee while shooting the video.

8 minutes ago, Itachi said:

so if the snoop scenes were the 3rd chorus and the bridge, and the dance scenes were the final choruses, what's missing are the intro through the 2nd verse. :mhmnod: but she had that trench coat still that we never saw in the released footage.

Doesn’t the footage we got start with Britney wearing the trenchcoat leaning over a blacony or something? 

12 minutes ago, Isla said:

Doesn’t the footage we got start with Britney wearing the trenchcoat leaning over a blacony or something? 

oh yeah i remember now. she's leaning over a fence where the snoop doggy dogg is playing basketball then she suddenly appeared there wearing jersey #Teleportney :quirkney:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't really hate it, but if it wasn't because of the OHT performance or that video clips we got, it wouldn't be an album's highlight to me :yaknow:

There are many songs that are better, like Breathe on Me, (I Got That) Boom Boom, Don't Hang Up, Touch of My Hand, even The Hookup or Showdown

Agreed. I think there were more deserving songs that should have been picked as the next single... I still like it though :bparty:

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

So basically, they didn't have enough footage for a video.

OMG yass, I did get that iconic exclusive for us all! I remember because my then-bestie @IGOTYOUCRAZY (who stopped being friends with me because he thought my ex was ugly and wouldn't stop calling him ugly... I mean, he was right but still :4music: ) was obsessed with the song/video and I wanted to get a scoop for him.

I miss him. :crying4: Rafa, where are you noooooooooow?

1 hour ago, Itachi said:

There is absolutely more scenes that were filmed. We saw her dragging a TV by its cables down the street while wearing a trenchcoat. I doubt she was just posing for the paparazzi. :yaknow: 

1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Am I the only one who actually likes this song?

I've seen alot of fans saying they hated it.

I think its one of her best 2000s bangers imo

I absolutely love it. I will never understand why Britney hates it so much, it's iconic.

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

OMG yass, I did get that iconic exclusive for us all! I remember because my then-bestie @IGOTYOUCRAZY (who stopped being friends with me because he thought my ex was ugly and wouldn't stop calling him ugly... I mean, he was right but still :4music: ) was obsessed with the song/video and I wanted to get a scoop for him.

I miss him. :crying4: Rafa, where are you noooooooooow?

There is absolutely more scenes that were filmed. We saw her dragging a TV by its cables down the street while wearing a trenchcoat. I doubt she was just posing for the paparazzi. :yaknow: 

I absolutely love it. I will never understand why Britney hates it so much, it's iconic.

Yeah it definitely would've been ICONIC if she performed it in 2004 at the VMAS along with Toxic.

Like an ITZ medley

• Love 3
6 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah it definitely would've been ICONIC if she performed it in 2004 at the VMAS along with Toxic.

Like an ITZ medley

i believe it was supposed to be a medley of Boom Boom and Outrageous. we would have been served full Urbanney :didilie:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

IIRC, she was going to perform Outrageous and IGTBB, which was going to be the 5th single. :yaknow:  

That would've been AWESOME and iconic! 

Its too bad she injured her knee during the filming of Outrageous cause 

she used that as an excuse to not focus on music and get with the gold digging idiot 

• Love 1
  • Like 1