This Day in Pop: 'Outrageous' (single) is released in 2004 (July 20)

To think they wanted Outrageous to be first single... 

Personally I think Outrageous is a decent song but there was so much more to offer on ITZ I really don’t know why they picked a song she clearly wasn’t into instead of going with something like BOM, TOMH, Early Mornin or The Hook Up.

The Outrageous release was a very mysterious time in Britney’s career. Many see it as the beginning of the end. I would see this is where Britney’s freedom begun. She was so over it by this point. After this she cancelled the OHT and went off with Kevin. You can’t blame her given her heavy schedule from 1998.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

*sigh* I will never fully get over the fact that this video is not only the one that caused her massive knee injury, but also the one that when I heard about it back in the day, I was superrrrr stoked for, and it could never be completed. 😔 😫 (I mean, aside from the Snoop Dogg cameo, of course. 😬😬)

Sidenote: I recently came across a vinyl copy of the remix EP; suchhhbh good memories! 😍💯🔥🔥

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, blackoutbixxh said:

The song that changed everything as we knew it :crying4:

Also, I don’t get why Outrageous gets so much hate (even before the whole R. Kelly thing). I think it slaps... it did back then and it still does todaywQiXYw.gif

I don't really hate it, but if it wasn't because of the OHT performance or that video clips we got, it wouldn't be an album's highlight to me :yaknow:

There are many songs that are better, like Breathe on Me, (I Got That) Boom Boom, Don't Hang Up, Touch of My Hand, even The Hookup or Showdown

• Love 2
  • Like 3
7 hours ago, MotownCeleb said:

*sigh* I will never fully get over the fact that this video is not only the one that caused her massive knee injury, but also the one that when I heard about it back in the day, I was superrrrr stoked for, and it could never be completed. 😔 😫 (I mean, aside from the Snoop Dogg cameo, of course. 😬😬)

Sidenote: I recently came across a vinyl copy of the remix EP; suchhhbh good memories! 😍💯🔥🔥

i was still upset she did not complete it. i was like beetch we can wait for 5 months for you to heal just complete the video. but no, instead we got MP 2 months later :decisions: i guess she was really over it and did not one want to release the song and continue the era.

does anyone know what shooting day she was injured? like day 1 day 2? cause i remember an article with Larry saying they can find a way to create a video from all the footage shot. even the dance scenes had multiple takes i believe, so i strongly believe the reason they scrap this is because Britney was really over it

• Love 1
  • Like 2