During the localization of the first Pokémon games released in America (1998), translator Nob Ogasawara had nicknamed a Spearow "Britney". Nintendo changed it to "Speary"

This is so interesting :OMGney: I know this makes me basic, but Red and Blue will always be my favorite. Sometimes I wish I hadn't moved my Mew, Gyarados, and Pikachu I refused to evolve because he was hella cute to the other games. :kyliecry: Ultimately I don't really regret it because I enjoyed having them as I went from game to game, but going back to my copy of Red was never the same. :tear:

Edit: I forgot Crystal was a thing. I really liked Crystal, maybe more than Red. :mhm:

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

This is so interesting :OMGney: I know this makes me basic, but Red and Blue will always be my favorite. Sometimes I wish I hadn't moved my Mew, Gyarados, and Pikachu I refused to evolve because he was hella cute to the other games. :kyliecry: Ultimately I don't really regret it because I enjoyed having them as I went from game to game, but going back to my copy of Red was never the same. :tear:

Edit: I forgot Crystal was a thing. I really liked Crystal, maybe more than Red. :mhm:

Crystal was a masterpiece, sis. You have good taste. :cardi:

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, AmorProhibido said:

My character names were always either Usagi, Asuka, or Takumi.

Omg mine was anime based too. It's usually Roxxy, Britney, and Yui from Curious Play if it's a girl. And when I play as a boy it's Eriol from Cardcaptor Sakura. :barbie:

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Omg mine was anime based too. It's usually Roxxy, Britney, and Yui from Curious Play if it's a girl. And when I play as a boy it's Eriol from Cardcaptor Sakura. :barbie:

I love Cardcaptor Sakura! :cuteidk: Mine were almost exclusively based on Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, or Intial D, but sometimes you'd see P-Chan from Ranma 1/2 or Kagome from Inuyasha. :blol: To this day though Usagi is my go to username or profile name for things like Netflix and Hulu.

Spoiler

My favorite Pokemon nickname of all time will always be naming my Pikachu Rudichu after my dog Rudy. :makeitrain:

• Love 3
  • Like 1