Putting Pressure on RCA

monalisaney81

I saw someone saying to boycott Britney’s music in order to hurt her teams pockets. But I was wondering if we could take it a step further and put pressure on RCA. Surely RCA won’t want to deal with the negative press and backlash of the #FreeBritney movement. If we tell the label that we aren’t supporting Britney until she is freed it might create conflict for them. Do you think the label would care at all? Imagine if the label drops Britney because of the movement & bad press. 

I wish the label would get involved and give her team an ultimatum, “release Britney to boost sales or we are dropping her”. 

But then i’m sure any other label is willing to scoop her up real quick. :tiffanycries: 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The idea that Team Con need a label to make money on Britney is a falacy. They already stated that Britney doesnt need new music to tour when she toured with Live In Concert and the Piece of Me Tour. Thats how Team Con make most cash so its pointless to involve RCA :mhm:

Her label is a massive problem. They are the original cons in this mess. She’s been rebelling against them for years. Contractually they are obligated to work with Britney but they certainly give her the bare minimum as far as support goes with any of her projects. Same with Larry. He certainly doesn’t have the same touch but he knows how to manage. He does pretty well with other artists that he can profit from. I highly doubt the label would even respond and if they did it would be purely to profit. They’re a business and will only do what’s best for the business. Her personal problems have no effect on them. They also have other artists so it’s not like losing one is a worry for them. Most artists evolve and we get to see a less commercial side as heard evolve. Prime time doesn’t last forever but in Britney’s case it seems they have controlled her further past her prime probably as a result of her rebellion. It’s a big F U to her artistry. The amount of money they have and will continue to profit far exceeds one fan bases demands.

• Super Mods
10 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Her label is a massive problem. They are the original cons in this mess. She’s been rebelling against them for years. Contractually they are obligated to work with Britney but they certainly give her the bare minimum as far as support goes with any of her projects. Same with Larry. He certainly doesn’t have the same touch but he knows how to manage. He does pretty well with other artists that he can profit from. I highly doubt the label would even respond and if they did it would be purely to profit. They’re a business and will only do what’s best for the business. Her personal problems have no effect on them. They also have other artists so it’s not like losing one is a worry for them. Most artists evolve and we get to see a less commercial side as heard evolve. Prime time doesn’t last forever but in Britney’s case it seems they have controlled her further past her prime probably as a result of her rebellion. It’s a big F U to her artistry. The amount of money they have and will continue to profit far exceeds one fan bases demands.

What are you talking about? Her label is not the real problem, her issues with the label is like the same with any other popstar but this goes far beyond that because they weren’t the ones coming up with the cship. In fact, I’m sure they would be far happier if she doesn’t have a cship because do you think they would be okay with tossing away a million dollar video just because it’s too ******?  No, look how they didn’t care and told team Britney to figure it out themselves hence why the piggy back on the album photo shoot to make a new album. 

Also I don’t know what you mean that he does his job well when Larry doesn’t have an impressive client list other than Britney. He wasn’t even a Scooter back in the day as all he was mostly known as being her manager. His other endeavors flopped. She was making him a lot because Johnny Wright was a good business manager while he picks what color nail polish she should wear to sell her innocent look. 

1 hour ago, YannFrance said:

You will NOT resist long once a new album is out, mark my words. 

it's sad, but for a lot of her fans, this is true.

(not the people in this thread) but a lot of fans couldn't even resist not buying her old albums released on vinyl and her new merch, so i highly doubt they would have the self control to not buy her new music.

fans will claim to be free britney and then refuse to put any sort of financial pressure on the conservatorship whatsoever.

doesn't make any sense, does it?

43 minutes ago, Applejack said:

probably on her contract they demand the cship to be in place too :queenflopga:

This might make sense. I remember that at first they claimed the c-ship was in place to hold Brit accountable so venues would work with her. They claimed companies were scared she would flake because of her mental state and the c-ship was for appearances only to guarantee the bookings.

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

What are you talking about? Her label is not the real problem, her issues with the label is like the same with any other popstar but this goes far beyond that because they weren’t the ones coming up with the cship. In fact, I’m sure they would be far happier if she doesn’t have a cship because do you think they would be okay with tossing away a million dollar video just because it’s too ******?  No, look how they didn’t care and told team Britney to figure it out themselves hence why the piggy back on the album photo shoot to make a new album. 

Also I don’t know what you mean that he does his job well when Larry doesn’t have an impressive client list other than Britney. He wasn’t even a Scooter back in the day as all he was mostly known as being her manager. His other endeavors flopped. She was making him a lot because Johnny Wright was a good business manager while he picks what color nail polish she should wear to sell her innocent look. 

Do you not recall Mona Lisa? That was the beginning of her public rebellion. They controlled her image and she was sick of it. 

• Super Mods
44 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Do you not recall Mona Lisa? That was the beginning of her public rebellion. They controlled her image and she was sick of it. 

that wasn't the begining of her public rebellion. She's always been rebellious from the very start she told David to lock the door after Larry shut down their lolita vision. Before you say she was manipulated by Lachappelle, he has asked her before hand about it and he saw it in her eyes that she totally get what he was going for and liked the idea of playing it up which went against her management and label's vision of a wholesome american girl. Nigel **** recalled that Britney wanted to tie her shirt up halfway into filming the dancehall scene because the shirt kept getting untucked, restricting her arms and generally just too hot compared when she wears sports bras during rehearsals. He said that everyone had a field day over it because it would break continuity in editing ( you can still see they still use shots of her with the shirt tucked like it originally intended) that low angle wide shot was his only shot he had of her with the shirt tied up and he had to beg his team to do this one more take for safety in case in editing the earlier shots wouldn''t work with the subtle shirt change. His camera man told him that he can do a wide shot and follow her way faster than having to reset every and relight everything for a wide shot hence why it was lit weirdly because someone was holding the light as the camera guy followed Britney and the dancers performing down the hall. 

Archived