Madonna, Beyoncé and Rihanna are the only female artists to win the three prestigious music video awards.

Spicechinodiva

Madonna, Beyoncé and Rihanna are the only females to win three prestigious industry awards for music videos.

Best Music Video (Short Form during Madonna's win) Grammy

Ray of Light 1999 (Madonna)

We Found Love 2011 (Rihanna)

Formation 2017 (Beyoncé)

Video of the Year VMAS

Ray of Light (Madonna) 1998

Umbrella 2007 Rihanna 

We Found Love 2012 Rihanna 

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) 2008 Beyoncé 

Formation 2016

Video Vanguard 

Madonna 1986

Beyoncé 2014

Rihanna 2016.

Madonna one up these two as Two of her Concert films won the Grammy for Best Music Film (Best long form Music Video when she won them)

Madonna Live! The Blond Ambition tour 

Madonna: The Confessions tour 

Britney spears has won two of these, But I don't think any of her music videos including Toxic has Been nominated for the Grammy for Best Music Video. 

Congrats to these MTV queens 

Lady Gaga will join them if she gets the Vanguard award 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We been knew the Grammys are hating irrelevants. The fact I can’t name one iconic video Rihanna has made yet Britney sits on so many is :riha: Beyonce has had more iconic videos than Rihanna. Rihanna’s videos are seen as good because the singles do really well. Those are just my two cents. If I had to name one memorable video it would be Umbrella and even that was lackluster 

Good for Madonna. I'm not sure how involved Bey is with her music videos since I don't really keep up with her shenanigans, but I've always felt that most of Rihanna's awards are kind of undeserved since she has almost no role in crafting her music, so I doubt that she has a role in planning her own music videos either.

Archived