Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift discography

1 minute ago, Popcornie said:

That isnt GP's thinking that is your inner circles thinking. GP thought that maybe in 2016 but in 2021? Hell no. Those people arent unbiased, they are anti Taylor. So no that doesnt represent the GPs thinking because she has worked hard and built a new image for herself and most people dont even care about the kanye drama or anything anymore. Folklore and evermore were very universally liked albums

Who is denying her acclaims? not me - I am from Asia I can only speak for my country people not UK or US etc - how is GP decided? Should I just stand on roads with a board asking this question? 

GP is when you know both and have listened to some of their songs - Taylor is a very good songwriter and a hardworking women I never once doubted it, my GP is 25 -40 age ain't nobody think of Taylor as a legend surrounding my demography. 

GaGa on the other hand has been seen as a hit artist - everybody loves her Shallow oscar performance. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

That isnt GP's thinking that is your inner circles thinking. GP thought that maybe in 2016 but in 2021? Hell no. Those people arent unbiased, they are anti Taylor. So no that doesnt represent the GPs thinking because she has worked hard and built a new image for herself and most people dont even care about the kanye drama or anything anymore. Folklore and evermore were very universally liked albums

How to decide GP? Should I go outside with a board asking this question? I am from Asia and can speak only around me who knows both and listened to at least some of their songs - Taylor has never been seen more than a breakup song girl no matter what you say - Yes she's hardworking, she's talented AF her Forklore and evermore album truly are a work of art - But taylor has not been credited like this at least surrounding my demography. GaGa on the other hand has been seen like that - people love her shallow song a lot, bad romance etc. 

Being not a fan of both I am the GP, I do not love or hate any of these artists - Britney is seen as a true legend who carried 2000s pop game and this is outside people thinking - haters are different.  But to a lot Britney has been seen a bubblegum pop artist - can't deny facts. Fans need to start living outside the bubble. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, X L said:

ALBUM)

LADY GAGA = The Fame/Monster is still the most certified female album of all time with 80M singles and 20M albums which is a total of 100M records sold and that’s only pure sales.  

TAYLOR SWIFT = 1989 = 11M albums with rerelease also and 32M singles and a portion of her albums are sold in 99 cents.

(MOVIE)

A Star Is Born is the highest grossing movie starring a musician that grossed 436M and the critical acclaim of that movie is tremendous.

Whereas, CATS lost 100M which is considered one of the worst movies OF ALL TIME.

(MAJOR AWARDS)

LADY GAGA has OSCARS, 12 GRAMMYs, 2 GOLDEN GLOBES, 2 CRITICS CHOICE, a BAFTA, and 3 BRITs

TAYLOR SWIFT has 11 GRAMMYs, and EMMY and 2 BRITs.

(VOCAL ABILITIES and LIVE PERFORMANCES)

LADY GAGAs SOUND OF MUSIC performance alone or even just the VMAs performance PAPARAZZI can easily out-shadow Taylor’s entire existence.

Gaga was considered an A Rated vocalist by music critics whereas Taylor is considered a D Rated vocalist alongside Selena Gomez her bestie. I don’t even wanna call them vocalists 😂 

(FASHION)

LAD GAGAs MEAT DRESS 🥩 made a cultural impact and has been put on display at the ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio.

TAYLOR SWIFT = 🐍 

(MUSIC VIDEOS)

LADY GAGAs BAD ROMANCE music videos has been named by music critics as the BEST MUSIC VIDEO of the 21st CENTURY on Billboard.

Whereas TAYLOR SWIFTs BAD BLOOD was criticized by the PUBLIC for tearing a woman down with her SQUAD which as also an acclaimed music video.

And lastly,

LADY GAGA curated, One World: Together at Home (also known as Together at Home) a benefit concert that was organized by Global Citizen of New York City and curated by singer Lady Gaga, in support of the World Health Organization. The special was intended to promote the practice of social distancing while staying together during the COVID-19 pandemic

IN CONCLUSION, LADY GAGA will be 1M times ahead of TAYLOR. She’s legendary iconic, all-encompassing and the most impactful ARTIST of the MILLENNIUM. ❤️ ❤️ 

Lol, in your dreams! Check stats! 
TS is most certified female after Rihanna. Four million selling albums in opening week, outsold each and every Gaga’s tour, highest paid female artist several times, only artist to have diamond album and single ( unlike Gaga who tries to cheat system), only artist to have 2 number one albums and number one single with in a year, only artist to have number one album once rereleased, more streams than gaga on YouTube and Spotify, fashion - really - TS is classy and looks super hot in every award. 

- TS literally forced Spotify and Apple Music to pay more to artists

- TS blank space is most viewed ( top 5) on youtube

- only artist to win album of the year twice in grammy

- Reputation os one of highest grossing tour of all time

- TS is known for her hidden charities, even covered Kesha legal fees, flood donation, etc.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Prachi said:

How to decide GP? Should I go outside with a board asking this question? I am from Asia and can speak only around me who knows both and listened to at least some of their songs - Taylor has never been seen more than a breakup song girl no matter what you say - Yes she's hardworking, she's talented AF her Forklore and evermore album truly are a work of art - But taylor has not been credited like this at least surrounding my demography. GaGa on the other hand has been seen like that - people love her shallow song a lot, bad romance etc. 

Being not a fan of both I am the GP, I do not love or hate any of these artists - Britney is seen as a true legend who carried 2000s pop game and this is outside people thinking - haters are different.  But to a lot Britney has been seen a bubblegum pop artist - can't deny facts. Fans need to start living outside the bubble. 

You may be part of GP but you cant claim that the GP thinks a certain way based on only you and your inner circle. Anyone aaying that Taylor only writes breakup songs and is a serial dater and snake is very much a hater in 2021. I havent seen those accusations come from anyone neutral in years except for a few exceptions. To me the GP is crediting her more than ever, many people thought she deserved AOTY and have recognized her work. While many people I know really dislike GaGas new music and think of her as a nostalgy artist from late 2000s early 2010s. Many people have recognized Taylor as the decade defining artist due to her longevity and popularity. So many celebrities have talked so highly of her lately too and many critics and peers have said only good from her songwriting abilities. 

• Love 1

Gaga peaked after Born this way, way to early for someone supposed to be the biggest pop star since Madonna.

Taylor thanks To Folklore and Evermore and the re recordings actually basically have people's interest again..

And Folklore is considered by critics the soundtrack that actually fit the mood of quarantine and the pandemic in 2020..

Somber, depressing and lonely, but hopeful and optimistic..

Not a huge fan of either. Taylor has a ton of hits and probably takes the cake overall. The Fame, however, stands in a league of its own (the music, videos, concert, her celebrity at the time, and the era in general) and is up there with some of the best pop albums of all time, IMO.

4 hours ago, RafaelSpears said:

Taylor for me is basic but still iconic. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Lady Gaga is also iconic but she's trying too hard to become a legend. :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I'm not a fan of both but I have a couple of fave songs from Gaga and Taytay. :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

In the same boat as you. I'll never understand how Taylor can be so basic and so iconic/successful at the same time.

1 hour ago, Popcornie said:

You may be part of GP but you cant claim that the GP thinks a certain way based on only you and your inner circle. Anyone aaying that Taylor only writes breakup songs and is a serial dater and snake is very much a hater in 2021. I havent seen those accusations come from anyone neutral in years except for a few exceptions. To me the GP is crediting her more than ever, many people thought she deserved AOTY and have recognized her work. While many people I know really dislike GaGas new music and think of her as a nostalgy artist from late 2000s early 2010s. Many people have recognized Taylor as the decade defining artist due to her longevity and popularity. So many celebrities have talked so highly of her lately too and many critics and peers have said only good from her songwriting abilities. 

Who is denying anything about Taylor discography and acclaims? And for grammys- I don't care, I don't even watch them. I am not denying her talents, I just told you what people think around my aged group, Taylor I'm sure must be a loved musicians among teens or early 20s - I work in a corporate and in the music industry my GP is not equal to friends but people who work in the music and outside, hope Taylor keeps winning I don't have anything against the women. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Prachi said:

What part of Asia are you..

Cos Taylor has a massive fan base in the Philippines, China and Japan. 

On 7/17/2020 at 3:34 PM, bas che said:

Except sales which happens to be more important than all of the above. 

On 7/17/2020 at 5:11 PM, Sourab Patodi said:

Taylor outsold lady Gaga..she is way better 

any day Taylor is only album artist who make a great album. Gaga want only singles!

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>Gaga 

terms of sales, tours, Grammy, impact, 4 million selling album in a week, only artist to have diamond single and album, outsold Gaga’s tour, Gaga need Ariana grande to be number 1, Taylor doesn’t need anyone, Taylor is more powerful, confident 

taylor >>> Gaga 

:inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone: messes :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

57 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

What part of Asia are you..

Cos Taylor has a massive fan base in the Philippines, China and Japan. 

India, she is massive here also but among teens not anyone older than 25 here. 

Now everyone is massive, Billie is massive - Abel is massive - Selena is massive etc etc. 

• Love 1

I love the whole THE FAME/The Fame Monster albums, but sometimes for nostalgic reasons. Then I skip albums and just focus on singles and then, I love CHROMATICA, but I don't go there so often like I thought.

For Taylor, I love most of her singles, love 1989 and folklore a lot and willow is my bish tbh she is so varied that you can't get bored.

But I never compared them tbh so different

On 7/18/2020 at 3:41 AM, Sourab Patodi said:

Taylor outsold lady Gaga..she is way better 

any day Taylor is only album artist who make a great album. Gaga want only singles!

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>Gaga 

terms of sales, tours, Grammy, impact, 4 million selling album in a week, only artist to have diamond single and album, outsold Gaga’s tour, Gaga need Ariana grande to be number 1, Taylor doesn’t need anyone, Taylor is more powerful, confident 

taylor >>> Gaga 

People really need to just stop with this sales nonsense, apart from Stan Twitter and obsessed fans ain't nobody cares who is selling more. I've been working in music from the past 6 years ain't nobody checks upon sales due to streaming. 

Sales are only mentioned when an artists gets an award otherwise nobody gives a rats a-s-s. :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

On 8/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, Blackout2006 said:

Also, last time I checked, Taylor wasn’t iconic for a performance, but a rude interruption for winning an award :shameless:

Lady Gaga’s best selling single- Pokerface: 14 million units 

Taylor Swift Best selling single- Love story- 9.5 million units
——————————————————————————————————

Lady Gaga’s Best selling album- The Fame/ Fame monster: 21 million (15 million + 6 million)

Taylor Swift Best Selling album- 1989: 11.5 million

I do not care for both so let me put this nicely, apart from Stan twitter and obsessed fans ain't nobody knows who sells more or how much. Fight with some better nonsense at least you guys. 

16 minutes ago, Prachi said:

People really need to just stop with this sales nonsense, apart from Stan Twitter and obsessed fans ain't nobody cares who is selling more. I've been working in music from the past 6 years ain't nobody checks upon sales due to streaming. 

Sales are only mentioned when an artists gets an award otherwise nobody gives a rats a-s-s. :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

I work in music industry too! Everyone care about sales (i.e. streaming ) because it defines star power and source of revenue. 

1 minute ago, Sourab Patodi said:

I work in music industry too! Everyone care about sales (i.e. streaming ) because it defines star power and source of revenue. 

LOL, GP perspective I mean here. People need to defend their faves by something different - nobody checks upon sales. Since when streaming has generated huge revenues for an artist? That's why artists these days are bringing 6-7 vinyls pressings and remixes to sell stuff. album sales brings royalties not singles if compared. 

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

LOL, GP perspective I mean here. People need to defend their faves by something different - nobody checks upon sales. Since when streaming has generated huge revenues for an artist? That's why artists these days are bringing 6-7 vinyls pressings and remixes to sell stuff. album sales brings royalties not singles if compared. 

also, where do you work? I am a session guitarist and work with Sony India.