Lady Gaga vs Taylor Swift discography

I recently had a conversation with my friend who is a Taylor stan about Gaga vs Taylor Swift discography. I am an admitted Gaga Stan since 2009 but I was able to say I prefer to listen to Taylor's discography more often.

:gagacrash::gagacrash::gagacrash:

I find Taylor's discography more listenable from start to finish, melodically, etc. It is an easier listen. There are a few Gaga albums that are largely unlistenable to me (some of Artpop & Joanne), but there are some major Gaga tracks that go much "further" on impact than anything Taylor has ever put out, such as Bad Romance, Edge of Glory, Rain on Me, Shallow, etc etc etc, that make up for this shortcoming.  

:gagaf:

Though I mostly prefer Taylor's discography as a whole, I am still a Gaga over Taylor stan because of Gaga's vocal ability,  constant advocacy for LGBTQIA+ for her entire career, personality, strong and provocative songwriting, etc. I believe Gaga has built a much stronger legacy/impact than Taylor as of now.

What do you think? Is there even a comparison to be had between the two? What is Taylor's legacy vs Gaga? gaga-taylor.jpg.767fb15c25a9521ae0c614299f47c5df.jpg

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

In terms of status and impact, Lady Gaga

In memorable and iconic performances, Gaga

In terms of legendary videos, Gaga

In terms of revolutionary albums, Gaga

Overall, Gaga is way ahead Taylors game

Except sales which happens to be more important than all of the above. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

Taylor outsold lady Gaga..she is way better 

any day Taylor is only album artist who make a great album. Gaga want only singles!

Taylor >>>>>>>>>>>Gaga 

terms of sales, tours, Grammy, impact, 4 million selling album in a week, only artist to have diamond single and album, outsold Gaga’s tour, Gaga need Ariana grande to be number 1, Taylor doesn’t need anyone, Taylor is more powerful, confident 

taylor >>> Gaga 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Towelney said:

And why does everyone hate Joanne? :hillary:

Ugh I wish I liked Joanne more, and I'll always love what she said about it that it was the "album I knew I had to make".

Favs = Sinner's Pray, Diamond Heart, Joanne, John Wayne. A few others are okay, but about half is not worth repeat listening.

I think it did have a big impact on music though, influencing more artists to make more country-tinged music. I love it for that! 

Without Joanne, Kacey Musgrave's Golden Hour or Lil Nas X's Old Town Rd may not have gone mainstream. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

Taylor's Speak Now, Red and 1989 are 3 AMAZING albums.  She seriously made 3 masterpieces with those.  

Love Red so much. Seamlessly beautiful start to her pop crossover. State of Grace is one of my fav tracks of hers. SO underrated!

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block