Is Galantis Underrated?

Ehju0901

Lately I've been curious about what people think about Galantis...

A little background courtesy of Wikipedia:
Galantis is a Swedish electronic dance music production, songwriting and DJ duo consisting of Christian Karlsson and Linus Eklöw. Karlsson is also known as Bloodshy as part of two other musical groups, a duo (Bloodshy & Avant) and a trio (Miike Snow). Eklöw is known as Style of Eye.

Christian Karlsson has worked with the producing team Bloodshy & Avant, and with the Swedish indie pop band Miike Snow.[2] Karlsson has co-written and co-produced tracks for artists such as Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, Kylie Minogue and Madonna. Specifically, Karlsson co-wrote the Britney Spears single "Toxic", which eventually earned an Ivor Novello award (for songwriting and composition) and a Grammy for Best Dance Recording.[2] Karlsson is also a founding member of Swedish artist collective and record label Ingrid.

Style of Eye, Linus Eklöw's stage name, co-wrote and produced Icona Pop's song "I Love It" featuring Charli XCX. Style of Eye, a Stockholm-born and based DJ and producer, resides in the techno genre and comes from the underground scene. He explores a range of musical styles, from techno to house via distinct percussion and minimal, floating melodies. After growing up in a jazz and soul oriented family and playing a drumkit at age 10, Eklöw transitioned to electronic music after getting his first computer aged 15 and making "weird downtempo dubbeat and trip hop". DJing upbeat drum and bass followed at 16, and Linus moved into studio production with releases and remixes on such labels as Classic Recordings, Tiny Sticks and Rabid Records.

Discography
Pharmacy (2015)
The Aviary (2017)
Church (2020)

Singles To Listen To

Just curious about what some of the thoughts about them are AND...Britney worked with Bloodshy & Avant (Toxic, Do Somethin', etc.)  Is it just me or could you hear Britney singing something like "Holy Water?"  Britney X Galantis collab?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived