Are pop stars at a quick expiration date, then longevity.

Spicechinodiva

I was scrolling around my Facebook,  my friend shared an article where it said gaga won close to 500 awards, I go through the comments, and one just alarmed me.

Lady gaga is 34, just remember 34. 

"LADY GAGA IS TO OLD, IT'S TIME FOR HER TO RETIRE, LET SOMEONE YOUNGER SHINE AND TAKE HER PLACE"

Curious to know this posters age, turns out she is only 16.

So it does seem that what I always said turned out true, if last Decade was about Madonna at 50+ was considered too old and retire, eventually the next generation will make 30 and older , where the ageism starts as well as the sexism, its July of 2020 and My prediction came true. 

Teens today think 30 and older are the retirement age. 

So It seems pop music is no longer about the longevity that spans decades after decades,  But fast food it seems like, when they get bored with one artist, off to the next. 

That's the music industry of today in a nutshell, Nobody is safe from being quickly replaced.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It didn't start with Gaga. It started with Britney and Christina, but somehow it doesn't apply (as much) for Beyoncé or Justin (though sexism has always given men a pass).

And yeah, I've read a lot of comments like that for many different artists as if first of all, 30's were considered being old, and second, as if being old prevented people from making music.

Jennifer Lopez is 50, Shakira is 43, but somehow they keep going, so maybe it's more about how they present themselves to the world. I mean, Taylow Swift is turning 31 this year, will she be considered old as well? That was Britney's age when she did The X Factor, but perhaps Taylor has a more juvenile image that'll give her an extra time "before her expiration date comes".

I don't know, this is what happens when we let teenagers and kids take control of the music scene with their streams instead of adults that can afford music and concert tickets.

P!nk has said that radio doesnt play any woman above 35 unless you are Beyoncé so this isn’t much of a revelation.

I remember when my sisters called Beyoncé old. I literally raged and died inside :dead:

I have never discredited an artist for their age but have because of their recent work or their character. Its very immature to do that, so these little teen bop heads will eventually learn and eat their words. 

Archived