Hackers hijack high-profile Twitter accounts and request bitcoin

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Twitter accounts belonging to Apple, Uber, Barack Obama, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos, Joe Biden, Kanye West, and Mike Bloomberg and more were hacked on Wednesday. 

The hackers, under the alias of these high profile accounts, told people to send in bitcoin to a specific address and in return they'll send back double the amount. Obviously, that was the scam.

Twitter is addressing the issue, in what appears to be the platforms largest, most wide-reaching hack to-date.

I personally was having trouble sending out Tweets just now. When I tried, I saw a spam error. After I did a little investigating, I discovered the hashtag #twitterhacked and ran to Exhale.

2020 is so freaking weird y'all. 

Ec_x5e0WkAAr1L_?format=jpg&name=small

Ec_x5euWkAMWDPP?format=jpg&name=small

Ec_x5euXsAMLe0n?format=jpg&name=small

Ec_x5ezXkAAVrYm?format=jpg&name=small

twitter.jpg

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Reminds me of those messages on fb messenger Is this you in this video? and i’m like Bish it might be :jj:

I used to fall for those all the time, especially the ones that mentioned photos. I was always scared that my n00dz had been leaked. :selenerz:

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block